Graduate Certificate in Business Fundamentals
Program at a Glance
- 12 credits (4 courses)
- Fall or Spring start
- Fairfax campus only
- Complete in as few as 2 semesters
- In-state tuition rates for VA, MD, and DC residents
- Designed for:
- Professionals seeking to complement their skills with a business credential
- Mason students in non-business graduate programs
- In order to apply for the graduate certificate in business fundamentals, applicants are required to have, at a minimum, a U.S. equivalent bachelor degree from an accredited college or university.
Click here for program application deadlines.
Click here for program application requirements.
Students must complete 12 credits. Classes run on a 8 week schedule and are hosted at the Fairfax campus.
- GBUS 613: Financial Reporting and Decision Making
- GBUS 623: Marketing Management
- GBUS 643: Managerial Finance
- GBUS 653: Organizational Behavior
Academic Calendar/Sample Schedule:
- Click here for the 2020-2021 academic year calendar
- View the sample 2020-2021 schedule and course sequence here
Pathway to MBA program:
- Courses taken in the graduate certificate in business fundamentals can be applied towards the Mason MBA program upon acceptance into the degree program.
Pathway to MS in Management program:
Courses taken in the graduate certificate in business fundamentals can be applied towards the Mason MS in Management program upon acceptance into the degree program.
- Graduate tuition rates apply for the graduate certificate in business fundamentals program. Learn more about current tuition and fee rates at studentaccounts.gmu.edu.
- The graduate certificate in business fundamentals program is currently going through the process of becoming approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for Veterans Affairs Education Benefits.
- As such, you are strongly encouraged to explore other funding options by contacting the Office of Student Financial Aid in order to find a more immediate, interim solution for financing your educational plans. Please direct questions to the Office of Military Services at 703-993-1316 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.