Gowns glittered and smiles sparkled throughout the ballroom at the Annual Business Alumni Celebration. More than 150 School of Business alumni, faculty, and students gathered to have cocktails, reconnect, and celebrate the successes of their fellow alumni and some enterprising business students.
New to this year's program, the 20 Prominent Patriots in Business honored School of Business alumni who encapsulated the ideal Mason Graduate, defined as engaged citizens, well-rounded scholars, and people prepared to act through innovation, resourcefulness, and entrepreneurialism.
- Bruce E. Baldwin, II '05 BS Management, Assistant Regional Security Officer, U.S. Diplomatic Security Service, Kampala, Uganda
- Douglas Bushée '04 Executive MBA, Learning Strategy and Solutions Manager, Xerox and Board Member, Bella Solutions
- Bruce M. Case '01 MBA, President, Case Design/Remodeling, Inc.
- Peter J. Conlon '96 Executive MBA, President and CEO, Nautel Limited
- Mark E. Cummings '94 Executive MBA, Principal, Founder, and CEO, MEC Realty Associates, Inc.
- Eric P. Etter '07 BS Finance, Lead Information Systems Engineer, MITRE
- Bryan D. Felder '98 BS Management, Owner, The Virginia Realty Group at RE/MAX Gateway
- Ed M. Hasan '04 BS Decision Science & Management Information Systems, Executive Director of Human Resources and Administration, Immune Tolerance Network
- Jason J. Howell '97 BS Accounting, Financial Services Professional, New York Life Insurance Company
- Lt. Col. Russell E. Jamison, Jr. '83 BS Accounting, Joint Training System Specialist, Camber Corporation
- Mark F. McGettrick '80 BS Business, Administration Executive Vice President and CFO, Dominion Resources, Inc.
- Michael A. Murray '92 BS Finance, President and CEO, TMA Direct
- Harold C. Rauner, Jr. '81 BS Finance and '86 MBA, President and CEO, United Financial Banking Companies Inc.
- Ola Sage '99 MS Technology Management, CEO, e-Management
- Gabriela C. Santamaria '03 BS Management, Project Liaison and Director, AirQMC
- Sumeet Shrivastava '94 Executive MBA, President, Array Information Technology, Inc.
- Christopher T. Weber '12 BS Accounting and Finance, Accountant and Financial Analyst, ScienceLogic
- Brian J. Wendroff '04 BS Accounting, Managing Partner, Wendroff & Associates, LLC
- Daryl L. Wieland '96 MBA, Managing Director of Corporate Risk Management & Analysis, Accenture
- Michael Zeiders '84 MBA, CEO, Zeiders Enterprises, Inc. and Chairman and President, Quality of Life Foundation
The Emerging Business Leader Awards honor one graduate and one undergraduate student who have demonstrated the desire and aptitude to become an outstanding business leader and a distinguished representative of Mason's School of Business. This year's winners were Seth Whetzel and Javier Perez Navarrete. Whetzel is a part-time MBA student with a 3.97 GPA serving as the representative for his cohort. Currently employed at CSC, he serves as an ITIL certified senior business process specialist for intelligence community clients. Naverrete is a senior accounting and finance major with a minor in economics who has accepted an offer to work as an auditor at PWC. In addition to his academic achievements at Mason, he has served as captain of Mason's men's volleyball team for the past two years.
Two alumni were also honored with Distinguished Alumni Awards. Dale "Dusty" Wince, '12 EMBA, was honored as the School of Business Distinguished Alumnus and Sirena Johnson, '99 BS Accounting, was honored with the Alumni Service Award. Wince is founder and CEO of Knowledge Consulting Group. His company is recognized as the largest privately held cyber security services firm in the federal market. Johnson is a principal at Thompson, Greenspon & Co. who serves as treasurer of the School of Business Alumni Chapter and is a member of the Women in Business Steering Committee.
George Mason's 2013 Distinguished Alumni Award winners included two School of Business alumni who were also recognized at the event. Patricia Roberts '77 BS Business Administration, was the George Mason University Alumna of the Year and Charles A. Schue, III '05 EMBA, was the School of Business Distinguished Alumnus of the Year.