The School of Business at George Mason University is accredited by AACSB International—the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. Organized in 1916, AACSB International is the premier accrediting agency for bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degree programs in business administration and accounting. The School of Business is one of only 25 percent of AACSB-accredited business schools worldwide accredited in both business and accounting.
AACSB International accreditation represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools, worldwide. Institutions that earn accreditation confirm their commitment to quality and continuous improvement through a rigorous and comprehensive peer review. AACSB International accreditation is the hallmark of excellence in management education.
George Mason University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) to award bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees. Accreditation is important to higher education institutions because it permits our students to have access to federally-subsidized financial aid, allows our faculty to compete for federal research grants, and ensures that the courses and degrees our students earn will be recognized by other institutions.
U.S. News & World Report
- Mason's MBA program is ranked #74 on the "Best Part-time MBA" list
- Mason's Online EMBA program is #34 on the "Best Online MBA Programs" list
- Mason's Online EMBA program is #31 on the "Best Online MBA Programs for Veterans" list
- Mason's MS in Accounting program is ranked #63 on the "Best Online Graduate Business Programs (Excluding MBA)"
- The School of Business is #77 on the list of "Best Undergraduate Business Programs"
- George Mason is the nation’s #10 university to watch on the list of "Up-and-Coming Schools"
The Financial Engineer
Mason's Masters in Management is ranked #18.
G.I. Jobs Military Friendly Schools
George Mason University is ranked in the G.I. Jobs "Military Friendly Schools List"
Kiplinger's Personal Finance Magazine
Kiplinger's Personal Finance Magazine has listed Mason as one of the "100 Best Values in Public Colleges" for the past six years; in 2012, Mason ranks 50 for in-state students and 68 for out-of-state students.
Mason was included in The Princeton Review 2012 edition of "The Best Southeaster Colleges" and ranked 11 for most politically active students.
Academic Ranking of World Universities
Of the more than 19,000 universities worldwide, George Mason is ranked in the top 200 in the Academic Rankings of World Universities.