12:45-1:00 p.m. Welcoming Remarks
- Dr. Sarah Nutter, Dean, School of Business, George Mason University
- Professor Keith Jones, Chair, Accounting Department, School of Business
1:00-2:40 p.m. Session 1
- James B. Mackie, Director of the Office of Tax Analysis, Treasury Department, "The Anti-Inversion & Other Tax Legislation Developments"
- Frank McGuire and Robert McDonald, Directors, Dispute Consulting Division, Duff & Phelps, "Fraud & Forensics: What's Past is Prologue"
2:40-2:55 p.m. Refreshment Break
2:55-4:35 p.m. Session 1 Continued
- Robert G. Nath, Tax Attorney, "The Brave New World of FBARs, FINCENs and FATCAs"
- Michael May, Financial Planner, Sagemark Consulting, "Savvy Social Security Planning: What CPAs and Enrolled Agents Need to Know about Social Security Claiming Strategies"
4:35-4:50 p.m. Refreshment Break
4:50-6:30 p.m. Session 2
- Dee Mirando-Gould, Senior Technical Director, Accounting & Transactions Services, MorganFranklin Consulting, "Are you ready for an IPO?"
- Robert Gray, CPA and Director of Quality Control, Rubino & Company, Chartered CPAs and Consultants, "AICPA's New Financial Reporting Framework for Small and Medium Sized Companies"
4:50-6:30 p.m. Session 3
- Gary Bulmash, Distinguished Tyser Teaching Fellow, The Robert H. Smith School, University of Maryland, "Virginia Ethics Course"
6:30-8:30 p.m. VSCPA Northern Chapter's Monthly Dinner Meeting