12:45-1:00 p.m. Welcoming Remarks
- Professor Keith Jones, Chair, Accounting Department, School of Business
1:00-2:40 p.m. Session 1
- Luke Coombs, Andersen Tax. "ASC 740: How current trends, changes to GAAP provisions and tax laws could affect the income tax provision"
- Ronald Arculeo and Christine Landoll, Deloitte Tax LLP, Global Employer Services. “Affordable Care Act Provisions and Taxability”
2:40-2:55 p.m. Refreshment Break
2:55-4:35 p.m. Session 1 Continued
- Edward Yoder, PBMares LLP. "FASB Proposed Changes to Not-for-Profit Financial Statements"
- Greg Scates, PCAOB. “Standard-setting activities at the PCAOB, including auditing and accounting estimates, fair value measurements, and using the work of specialists”
4:35-4:50 p.m. Refreshment Break
4:50-6:30 p.m. Session 2
- Paul Calabrese, Rubino & Company. “The new Federal Grants Rules: Understanding the Super Circular”
4:50-6:30 p.m. Session 3
- John J. Renner II, Renner and Company, CPA, PC. “Virginia Ethics Course”
6:30-8:30 p.m. VSCPA Northern Chapter's Monthly Dinner Meeting