The requirements for School of Business degrees changed in fall 2015.
Students who started their degree programs prior to fall 2015 should follow the requirements posted in their degree evaluations in Patriot Web. They are also strongly encouraged to speak with a School of Business academic advisor to ensure they meet the appropriate requirements for their program.
Starting in fall 2015, School of Business students pursuing a BS degree must complete a minimum of 120 credits, including the Mason Core requirements, and new business foundations, business core and major requirements. In addition, the following requirements must be met:
- A minimum of 45 credits at the 300- or 400-level.
- A minimum of 30 credits of School of Business core and major courses at Mason.
- At least 9 credits required for the specific major and BUS 498 taken at Mason.
- A grade of C or higher earned in the new business foundations, business core and major requirements.
Students should carefully examine prerequisites for School of Business courses. Students may be removed from a course if they enroll without having fulfilled the prerequisites.
- Mason Core Courses (40 credits - 14 of which are satified by School of Business required courses)
- General Electives (19 credits)
- School of Business Foundations (27 credits)
- School of Business Core Courses (24 credits
- School of Business Major Courses (21 credits)
- School of Business Capstone (3 credits)
Please visit https://patriotweb.gmu.edu/ for your online degree evaluation in PatriotWeb.