School of Business Core Courses
The requirements for School of Business Core Courses changed in fall 2015. Click here to view the requirements for students enrolled in the School of Business prior to fall 2015. Students are strongly encouraged to speak with a School of Business academic advisor to ensure they meet the appropriate requirements for their program.
For students starting in fall 2015, a grade of C or higher is required in the following School of Business core courses. Students will not be permitted to make more than three attempts to achieve a C or higher in each School of Business core course.
A student who does not successfully complete any of these core courses within three attempts will be terminated from their major and will not be eligible to receive a degree from the School of Business, or enroll in any School of Business courses. However, a student terminated from the School of Business is permitted to declare the Business Minor or the Entrepreneurship Practice Minor.
- ACCT 303 Accounting for Decision Making (3 credits) for ISOM, MKTG, MGMT majors, or ACCT 330 Financial Accounting I (3 credits) required for ACCT and FNAN majors
- BULE 303 Legal Environment of Business (3 credits)
- BUS 303 Develop Professional Skills II: Advanced Elements (3 credits)
- FNAN 303 Financial Management (3 credits)
- MGMT 303 Principles of Management (3 credits)
- MIS 303 Introduction to Business Information Systems (3 credits)
- MKTG 303 Principles of Marketing (3 credits)
- OM 303 Operations Management (3 credits)
MIS 303 satisfies Mason Core Information Technology requirement.
See the University Catalog for course descriptions.