Finance Prerequisite Chart- updated 07/2014.
A grade of “C” or higher is required for all FNAN major courses. Completion of FNAN 303 with a grade of B- or higher is a required prerequisite for all finance required courses.
Finance major requirements (12 credits)
- FNAN 498 Contemporary Topics in Finance
And 3 of the following:
- FNAN 311 Principles of Investment
- FNAN 321 Financial Institutions
- FNAN 341 Financial Analysis, Forecasting, and Valuation
- FNAN 401 Advanced Financial Management
Finance major electives (9 credits)
Students may select any courses from the following list to fulfill the elective requirement as well as any other 300-400 level FNAN courses (except FNAN 300, FNAN 301, and FNAN 303).
- FNAN 311 Principles of Investment (If not taken as a required course.)
- FNAN 321 Financial Institutions (If not taken as a required course.)
- FNAN 331 Financial Analysis, Forecasting, and Valuation(If not taken as a required course.)
- FNAN 351 Principles of Real Estate
- FNAN 401 Advanced Financial Management (If not taken as a required course.)
- FNAN 411 Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management
- FNAN 412 Futures and Options Markets
- FNAN 421 Money and Capital Markets
- FNAN 430 Empirical Methods in Finance
- FNAN 431 Venture Capital and Private Financing of Startups
- FNAN 432 Fixed-Income Securities
- FNAN 440 International Financial Management
- FNAN 451 Real Estate Finance
- FNAN 454 Real Estate Development
- FNAN 462 Honors Seminar in Finance
- FNAN 491 Special Topics in Finance
- FNAN 499 Independent Study
- BUS 492 Undergraduate Internship
Capstone (3 credits)
- BUS 498 Capstone Course: Advanced Business Models
BUS 498 satisfies Mason Core Synthesis requirement. Students declaring a second major in finance must complete the four required courses and two elective courses for the major.
For course descriptions see the University Catalog.