The requirements for BS Marketing degrees changed in fall 2015.
Students who started their degree programs prior to fall 2015 should follow the requirements in their degree evaluations in Patriot Web. They are also strongly encouraged to speak with a School of Business academic advisor to ensure they meet the appropriate requirements for their program.
Starting in fall 2015, students in the BS Marketing degree program must meet all of the following new marketing major requirements, major electives, and BUS 498 capstone course:
A grade of "C" or higher is required for all MKTG major courses.
Marketing major requirements (9 credits)
- MKTG 312 Consumer Behavior
- MKTG 351 Marketing Research Techniques and Applications
- MKTG 471 Marketing Management
Marketing major electives (12 credits)
Students may select any courses from the following list to fulfill the elective requirement as well as any other 300-400 level MKTG courses (except MKTG 301 and MKTG 303).
- MKTG 311 Sales Management
- MKTG 313 Integrated Marketing Communications
- MKTG 315 Internet Marketing
- MKTG 332 Retailing and E-Commerce Management
- MKTG 333 Business to Business Marketing
- MKTG 352 Marketing Analytics for New Product Development
- MKTG 353 New Product Development
- MKTG 407 International Marketing
- MKTG 455 Ethnic and Multicultural Marketing
- MKTG 462 Honors Seminar in Marketing
- MKTG 481 Marketing in the Nonprofit Sector
- MKTG 491 Special Topics in Marketing
- MKTG 499 Independent Study in Marketing
- BUS 492 Undergraduate Internship
Capstone (3 credits)
- BUS 498 Capstone Course: Advanced Business Models
MKTG 471 satisfies the Mason Core Writing Intensive requirement. BUS 498 satisfies Mason Core Synthesis requirement.
Students declaring a second major in Marketing must complete the three required courses and three elective courses for the major. For course descriptions see the University Catalog.