ISOM Honors Program
The Information Systems and Operations Management Honors Program provides highly motivated students majoring in ISOM with an enriched academic experience integrating curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular development.
- Special honors sections/courses
- Special study-abroad opportunities
- Invitation-only activities with top employers
- "Honors in ISOM" notation on the diploma and transcript
- Scholarship opportunities
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA and 3.5 GPA in the major
- Two academic/professional references
- Once admitted to the program, students with a cumulative GPA below 3.0 will be dropped from the program
To successfully complete the Honors requirements, students must have completed:
- MIS 301 earning a grade of A- or better
- OM 301 earning a grade of A- or better
- B or better in SOM core curriculum courses (i.e., the 301 series)
- One of MIS 462 or OM 462 Honors Seminar
The student must show a high degree of engagement in the MISOMA student organization, or in other student organizations on campus, preferably in a leadership role.
Requirements for students to obtain the honors designation
- Honors students must graduate with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA and 3.5 GPA in the major.
- Honors students must meet all curricular and extra-curricular requirements mentioned above at graduation.