Management Honors Program
The Management Honors program provides highly motivated students majoring in Management with an enriched academic experience integrating curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular development.
- Students will be invited based on performance in Management 301 (grade of A or better) or by faculty recommendation.
- To be admitted to the program, a student must be a management major with at least two regular semester of course work (i.e., a Fall and Spring semester) to complete prior to graduation and must have an overall Mason grade point average of 3.5 or GPA in the top 10% of management majors
- Invited students will be asked to submit a personal statement and two academic/professional references.
- Acceptance will be at the discretion of the program director on a case by case basis.
- Students who have been found responsible for an Honor Code violation are not eligible for the program
To successfully complete the Honors requirements, students must have completed:
- ACCT 204 Honors (or ACCT 203 or equivalent) with a minimum A- grade,
- OM 211 Honors (or OM 210) with a minimum A- grade,
- SOM 301 with a minimum A- grade
- In addition, Honors students must earn a grade of at least A- in at least two of the remaining 301/302 courses (ACCT 301, BULE 302, FNAN 301, MKTG 301, MIS 301 and OM 301)
- Honors students must maintain a grade point average of 3.5 in all upper-level (300 and 400 level) School of Business courses with no grade less than a B in any upper-level School of Business course as well as a 3.0 overall grade point average.
- Honors students must also successfully complete the Management Honors Seminar (MGMT 462) at George Mason University with a grade of B or better.
- OM 301 with a minimum A-grade
The student must complete ONE of the following in addition to the curriculum requirements (for at least 3 credits):
- Student Abroad: Oxford Honors, China, South America