Today’s demand for accurate and honest financial reporting fosters an unprecedented need for accountants in all industries.
Ranked among the top 50 bachelors in accounting programs by College Choice, Mason's accounting degree prepares you for accounting careers in public, private, and governmental accounting.
As a Mason accounting major, you will learn:
- Financial and managerial accounting
- Tax accounting
- Accounting information systems
- Professional responsibilities and ethics
- The accounting profession and its role in business
Accounting faculty members can provide additional information on accounting careers. To learn more, please contact:
- Kyle Sweeney
- Mark Ingram
Accelerated MS in Accounting
The Accelerated MS in Accounting degree is designed exclusively for high-performing students pursuing a BS in Accounting at Mason. Students can earn both a BS and MS Accounting degrees in just 5 years, while working towards the 150 credits needed for the CPA requirements and becoming a more valuable prospect to employers.
Learning Goals for Accounting Major
- Accounting students can record, analyze, interpret and communicate financial and non-financial information for users of such information in accordance with applicable professional authoritative literature
- Our students will be aware of the uses of technology in business
- Our students will be effective communicators
- Our students will be knowledgeable about the legal environment of business
- Our students will be critical thinkers