The volatility of today’s financial markets continues to warrant the need for highly qualified individuals in the finance field. The area of finance is diverse, encompassing concepts and techniques utilized by individuals, businesses, and government agencies in making decisions about acquiring and investing funds.
Mason’s finance degree prepares you for finance careers in corporate and public finance, investment banking, commercial banks and credit unions, mutual funds, portfolio management, venture capital, trading, personal finance banking, and federal and state government regulatory agencies.
As a Mason finance major, you will learn about:
- Asset valuation
- Initial public offerings
- Stock portfolio management
- Analyzing financial statements
- Risk analysis and management
- Dividend policy
- Financial market regulation
- International diversification
- Capital budgeting
- Financial regulations
Finance faculty mentors can provide additional information on finance careers. For more information, please contact:
The School of Business has partnered with the Barron's in Education Program from Dow Jones. Students will have 24/7 access to Barron's. Activate your account now to have access to the same content viewed by C-suite, financial executives, government officials, academics, and more. The subscription is a gift from PagnatoKarp.
Learning Goals for Finance Major
- Finance students will develop competency in the analysis and valuation of real and financial assets
- Our students will be aware of the uses of technology in business
- Our students will be effective communicators
- Our students will be knowledgeable about the legal environment of business
- Our students will be critical thinkers