Major in Finance
The area of finance encompasses concepts and techniques utilized by individuals, businesses, and government agencies in making decisions about acquiring and investing funds. Finance also deals with those institutions that individuals and organizations need to carry out their financial activities.
Finance majors enjoy great demand in the labor market because they take the lead in making decisions concerning asset valuation, initial public offerings, stock portfolios, financial statements, dividend policy, market regulation, international diversification, and capital budgeting.
Our BS in finance program is designed to prepare you for a professional, managerial, or investment career in the private and public sectors. Finance faculty mentors can provide additional information on a profession and career in finance.
- Finance students will develop competency in the analysis and valuation of real and financial assets
- Our students will be aware of the uses of technology in business
- Our students will be effective communicators
- Our students will be knowledgeable about the legal environment of business
- Our students will be critical thinkers