The School of Business and George Mason University offer many honors opportunities to undergraduate students.
School of Business Honors
The School of Business Honors Program is a school wide program that provides highly motivated Business students with an enriched academic experience integrating curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular development.
The program give students the opportunity to interact closely with faculty in informal settings, visit employer sites on special honors program field trips, take an honors capstone, and include their résumés in special honors program communications with key employers.
- 3.0 cumulative Mason GPA
- A- or higher on first attempt at core course for major
- ACCT majors: A- or higher in ACCT 330
- FNAN majors: A- or higher in FNAN 303
- ISOM majors: A- or higher in MIS 303 or OM 303
- MGMT majors: A- or higher in MGMT 303
- MKTG majors: A- or higher in MKTG 303
- No honor code violations
- Complete the above listed application requirements
- After acceptance into the program:
- Maintain 3.0 cumulative Mason GPA
- 3.5 major GPA or be in the 95th percentile of GPA's within the major
- B- or higher on first attempt in every major course
- Participate in two honors events as directed by the Faculty Coordinator
- Register for and successfully complete: Honors section of BUS 498 or a major honors course
- All requirements must be completed by the end of the semester the student plans to graduate
Each major has a Faculty Coordinator who oversees the program for that major. Faculty Coordinators will email students who meet the above criteria an invitation to join the honors program. Invited students will then need to complete two recommendation forms for faculty within the School of Business and craft a personal statement. The invitation email, recommendation forms, and personal statement should all be then submitted by the student to their major department. Please note that all of the required documents must be submitted together at the same time.
Additional Honors Opportunities
The Honors College at Mason provides students with an integrated curriculum of interdisciplinary courses. Although the program is housed in the Honors College, when completed, it satisfies general education requirements for all undergraduate colleges, schools, and programs at Mason.
Students as Scholars Program (OSCAR)
Students as Scholars (OSCAR) is a program that supports undergraduate success by encouraging a culture of scholastic inquiry through student research and creative activities.
University Scholars Program
The University Scholars Program offers students an enriched academic experience by offering honors courses within a student’s major. This program provides a scholarship award to the small group of outstanding students who are selected each year.