Major in Information Systems and Operations Management
Information Systems and Operations Management (ISOM) is designed to meet the market demand for graduates who can design and manage technology-driven business solutions. Mason’s ISOM program prepares you for a range of career options that intersect people, processes, and technology.
As an ISOM major, you will learn to
- Design, improve, and manage operations and business processes
- Assist in making appropriate corporate investments into business technology
- Identify requirements for business process improvements and technological solutions
- Plan and design IT-driven business solutions
- Test and evaluate existing and new operational and information systems
- Manage operations in a supply chain
- Support the management of complex technology projects
ISOM students acquire a foundation in the management of both business operations and information technology. ISOM faculty mentors can provide additional information on a profession and career in information systems and operations management.
- ISOM students can apply knowledge of information technology and business functions to understand its application in assessing, designing and improving business processes.
- Our students will be aware of the uses of technology in business
- Our students will be effective communicators
- Our students will be knowledgeable about the legal environment of business
- Our students will be critical thinkers