Major in Management
The management major prepares you to lead people, think strategically, and create successful organizational environments. This includes learning how to motivate human capital, encourage teamwork, identify competitive advantage, build and change organizations, negotiate effectively, make decisions, and succeed in diverse and multicultural work environments.
Our BS in management program focuses on giving you the skills necessary to set the direction for organizations in a changing world and bring people together to achieve objectives.
The management program prepares you for a managerial career in the public and private sectors. It offers a wide variety of management related courses covering subjects such as human resource management, management of organizations, organizational behavior, labor-management relations, small business management and entrepreneurship.
Management faculty mentors can provide additional information on a profession and career in management.
- Our management students will integrate key compenents of human resource management (including selection, training, compensation, strategic human resource planning, performance evaluation, employee relations, and employment law).
- Our students will be aware of the uses of technology in business
- Our students will be effective communicators
- Our students will be knowledgeable about the legal environment of business
- Our students will be critical thinkers