Major in Management
Organizations need managers that can lead people, think strategically, and create successful organizational environments. Mason’s management program focuses on giving you the skills necessary to set the direction for organizations in a changing world and bring people together to achieve objectives.
Mason prepares you for a managerial career in both the public and private sectors, offering a wide variety of management related courses that enhance your skills.
As a management major, you will learn how to:
- Motivate human capital
- Encourage teamwork
- Identify competitive advantages
- Build and change organizations
- Negotiate effectively
- Succeed in diverse and multicultural work environments
- Manage people and organizations
Management faculty mentors can provide additional information on a profession and career in management.
- Our management students will integrate key components of human resource management (including selection, training, compensation, strategic human resource planning, performance evaluation, employee relations, and employment law).
- Our students will be aware of the uses of technology in business
- Our students will be effective communicators
- Our students will be knowledgeable about the legal environment of business
- Our students will be critical thinkers