Marketing focuses on knowing and understanding the needs of the customer and delivering value to the customer. As a Mason marketing major, you will learn how to:
- Develop new products
- Build a brand
- Set prices
- Create marketing communications and promotions
- Manage customer relationships
- Analyze consumer behavior and market trends
If you’re interested in advertising, product management, brand management, business development, marketing analytics, or consulting, then a marketing degree is for you.
Mason's marketing degree offers a wide range of marketing classes enabling you to tailor the program to marketing careers in marketing research and analytics, marketing communications, B2B marketing and sales, and product and brand management.
Marketing faculty members can provide additional information on marketing careers. To learn more about the faculty mentor program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learning Goals for Marketing Major
- Produce an acceptable marketing plan
- Become aware of the uses of technology in business
- Effectively communicate
- Increase knowledge about the legal environment of business
- Learn how to be critical thinkers