We welcome your interest in taking courses with us as a non-degree student.
Non-degree status enables students to enroll courses at Mason for professional or personal enrichment, or for visiting students who are looking to transfer credits to another institution. If you are considering a degree or certificate from the School of Business, we recommend that you apply to the University instead of pursuing non-degree study.
To take business courses as a non-degree student, you must:
- Be admitted to Mason as a non-degree student. View information about university requirements and how to apply.
- Download and complete the Non-Degree Registration Request Form.
- Choose your course(s).
- Non-degree students must meet stated course prerequisites
- To determine if you have met prerequisite requirements, compare your courses to the Mason equivalencies in the Transfer Credit Matrix
- Non-degree registration is only approved when space is available in a course
- Submit your Non-Degree Registration Request and your unofficial transcript(s) to the School of Business Office of Student Success and Academic Services via e-mail (preferred), fax (703-993-1886), or in person at Enterprise Hall Room 008.
The School begins reviewing non-degree course requests approximately one week before classes begin. Students are notified via e-mail (based on the e-mail provided in their request) whether or not their request has been approved. If approved, you can register for the course(s) on Patriot Web.
Other useful links:
- Registration Guide: how to add and drop courses
- Schedule of Classes
- Academic Calendars: add/drop deadline and other important dates
- Masonlive e-mail: official e-mail for all Mason students (including non-degree) - you will receive notifications about courses, etc. through this address
- Wi-fi information on Mason's campuses