New to George Mason
Welcome to the School of Business and George Mason University community. While starting your academic career at a new university is very exciting, it can also be a little overwhelming. Our goal is to make your transition successful.
In an effort to reach this goal, the School of Business Office of Student Success and Academic Services has provided materials that will help you take responsibility for your education. Students new to the School of Business come from various backgrounds, with different needs. With this in mind, we highly recommend that you take time to look over the materials provided in the tabs to the left, based on your specific needs.
New Student Orientation
New Student Orientation is the first step for any incoming student coming to Mason. This campus wide program will connect you to your George Mason University family and provide you with important information about all of the exciting opportunities available within our community. Orientation is required of all new students to Mason and is critical to a successful start to your career. Make sure to register as soon as possible for this initial step in your Mason career!
Information and resources to review and for reference after attending:
Office of Student Success and Academic Services: your dedicated team of professional advisors
- Math Placement Test: Required for all business students!
- Computer Requirements for business students: click here
- Degree Works: this is your specific degree audit that provides the courses needed for you to obtain your degree. The School of Business requires its student to understand and review their Degree Works.
- Online video tutorial for Degree Works
- Information Systems and Operations Management
- Find a sample 4 year plan for each of the majors here
Accounting Certificate Students: find your online Orientation program here
School of Business Student Organizations
Career Services: access to your very own career services team. A full staff of career advisors dedicated just to School of Business students