First time in college? A little nervous?
Set your concerns aside…you are not expected to know everything immediately. The most important thing to remember is to check periodically with this section of our website. This section is designed to help you have a successful academic career at Mason and prepare you for the world of work.
You probably are most concerned about what classes to take for your first semester. Attending orientation is the best way to get this information, register for classes and meet other new freshmen. You should register for an orientation immediately.
The following checklist outlines you the information you need to know now and in the future.
- What are the requirements for a BS degree in accounting, finance, information systems and operations management, marketing, or management?
- What is University 100?
- Do my AP or IB high school classes fulfill any requirements?
- How do I register for classes?
- Do I need any placement tests?
- Do I have any guidelines about what I need to do each semester to be successful? PACE
- What if I am not certain of my major? What career can I pursue with the major I have chosen?
- What do I need to do as soon as I register?
- How will my housing choice enrich my college experience? See special opportunities for Business and Economics students.
If you take the time to follow the above checklist you will have success at the School of Business. If you just want to see a friendly face to discuss some of the items on this page, you can make an appointment to meet with one of our academic advisors.
Welcome to George Mason University’s School of Business! Good luck on the beginning of your academic career!