Non Degree Students
Non degree students are students not enrolled in a degree or certificate program. The non degree status enables students in programs at other institutions to take courses at Mason or allows individuals out in the workplace to gain some expertise in the business area.
This status is not intended for students interested in trying out the business curriculum with a future goal of earning a BS from the School of Business. The ability to take School of Business courses is very restricted when you are not in the program.
If you are interested in taking business courses you should:
- Submit the non degree status application online at the Mason Admissions website.
- You will need to submit an non degree status course restriction override request as well as unofficial transcripts to Student Services.
- If you are enrolled in another institution’s program you will need a letter verifying that you may take the course at Mason.
- You should not request to register for courses that have prerequisites that you have not taken.
- After approval of your course selection and if there is room in the course, the Office of Academic and Career Services will place a restriction override on your patriotweb account one week prior to the start of classes. You will use this override to enroll in the course.
If you are interested in a degree from the School of Business, we recommend submitting an application to Mason Admissions for the undergraduate degree - click here.