The School of Business has a great working relationship with the Virginia Community College System, which makes the process of transferring relatively easy. Here are a couple of helpful hints to make this transition even easier:
- We recommend that you finish your AA or AS at the community college before transferring to Mason. With your degree completed, you may be eligible for Mason's Guaranteed Admission Agreement. Also, you may be eligible for the Dean's Admit Program. If you transfer before completing your degree, you may have to take additional courses to fulfill requirements.
- Make certain that the Mason Admissions Office has a copy of your final transcript stating that you have earned your AA or AS degree. Without a final transcript, Mason's Office of Admissions cannot process your Guaranteed Admissions Agreement general education waiver.
The following information is essential for new transfer students:
- Your Degree Evaluation is a real-time analysis of how the courses you have taken apply towards your BS degree. It is your responsibility to know how to interpret your Degree Evaluation.
- As a School of Business student, you need Math 108. (Math 113 will substitute for Math 108) If you did not take the equivalent at VCCS, you will need a placement test. Do you know about placement and for-credit testing? Check out our information on testing.
- We want all of our students to graduate and start working in the field of their choice. How do you do this? Check out our Career Services….a must!
- After registering there are a few important steps that you should complete immediately.
For information on the Dean's Admit Program, click here.