George Mason UniversitySchool of Business

Transfer Students

Your Degree Evaluation is a real-time analysis of how the courses you have taken apply towards your BS degree. It is your responsibility to know how to interpret your Degree Evaluation.

As a School of Business student, you need Math 108 (Math 113 will substitute for Math 108). If you did not take the equivalent at VCCS, you will need a placement test.

Transferring from VCCS

The School of Business has a great working relationship with the Virginia Community College System, which makes the process of transferring relatively easy. Here are a couple of tips to make this transition even easier:

  • Finish your AA or AS at the community college before transferring to Mason.
    • With your degree completed, you may be eligible for Mason's Guaranteed Admission Agreement.
    • If you transfer before completing your degree, you may have to take additional courses to fulfill requirements.
  • Make certain that the Mason Admissions Office has a copy of your final transcript stating that you have earned your AA or AS degree. Without a final transcript, Mason's Office of Admissions cannot process your Guaranteed Admissions Agreement general education waiver.

Transferring from Non VCCS Institutions

We hope your transition from your previous institution is going smoothly. Often new transfer students have many questions that are unique to transferring:

  • What courses should you take in your first semester? When you receive admission to George Mason University, you will receive a "Transfer Credit Evaluation" which lists the courses you took elsewhere and their respective course numbers at Mason. Using this worksheet and your online degree evaluation, you can determine the courses you have completed and those you have yet to complete.
    • If you have earned a Bachelor of Arts or Sciences degree (recognized by Mason) from another institution you may not be responsible for the University General Education (Mason Core) Requirements.
    • Missing courses? If there are courses you have taken that do not appear on your transfer credit evaluation you need to complete the Transfer Credit Inquiry Form that can be obtained online or from Mason's Office of Admissions in Johnson Center, room 213.
  • Courses not transferring as you think they should? If you have courses transferring in as electives (e.g., ACCT---, ECON---), but you think they are equivalent to Mason courses, you should link to our site on how to reevaluate transfer credits.

Immunization Requirement

Virginia law requires that all graduate and undergraduate students submit immunization documentation. A hold will be placed on your account and a late fee assessed if you do not submit your complete immunization records by the posted deadline.