The Dean's Admit Program is a special program that began in fall 2005. Students admitted to the School of Business under the Dean’s Admit Program are granted BS status immediately upon acceptance into George Mason University. This program is available for freshman and transfer students.
Also, students accepted into the Dean's Admit Program are eligible to be considered for a $2,000 scholarship (maximum of $1,000 per semester) from the School of Business. Students receiving this scholarship must maintain a 3.0 GPA and remain in the School of Business to receive scholarship support in the subsequent semester).
Requirements for the Dean's Admit Program include the following:
- Acceptance to George Mason University with an AA, AS or AA&S degree from NVCC (or VCCS)
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.500
- Successful completion of three of the following five courses with a grade of "B" or better in each and proof of enrollment in the remaining two: ACC 211, ACC 212, MTH 271, and MTH 241 & 242 or BUS 221 & 222
- Letter of recommendation from a NVCC business faculty member
- Acceptance to George Mason University Honors College
- A declared interest in studying one of the five majors in the School of Business
- A letter of recommendation from a high school faculty member or counselor (if one not previously submitted)
The Dean's Admit Program application package must include:
- A completed and signed Dean's Admit Program Application
- A copy of George Mason University's acceptance letter
- A letter of recommendation from a NVCC (or VCCS) business faculty member, or for freshman a high school faculty/counselor
- A copy of your transcript, which should include the application courses listed on the application form