- Alpha Kappa PsiFaculty Advisor:Daniel WalschEmail:email@example.comFaculty Advisor:Shelly CanterburyEmail:firstname.lastname@example.orgStudent President:
(Acting) Fatimah OgungbadeEmail:email@example.comURL:https://www.akpsi.org/Description:
Shaping people, shaping business. That is the tagline that has molded over 240,000 Alpha Kappa Psi members all over the world. Alumni who have said this same tagline to themselves over and over include: Ronald Reagan, Richard Nixon, Sam Walton and J. Willard Marriott. Alpha Kappa Psi is the nation's largest and oldest professional business fraternity, providing great business practices since 1904. The Pi Sigma Chapter of GMU is a coed fraternity open to all majors but is limited to a select group of individuals who are hand chosen by the chapter's officials during the recruitment process. The recruitment process is conducted at the beginning of each academic semester. Participation is open to all majors with a keen eye for a successful professional career. For more information on Alpha Kappa Psi, please visit our website at: https://www.akpsi.org/
- American Marketing Association (AMA)Faculty Advisor:Jessica HoppnerEmail:firstname.lastname@example.orgStudent President:
Ronida GlispyEmail:email@example.comURL:http://www.ama-gmu.comDescription:Mason-AMA is a marketing and business organization whose mission is to provide a forum for students interested in learning more about the marketing profession, gaining practical marketing experience, enhancing leadership and career development skills, and advancing their learning beyond the classroom. One of the most prominent activities Mason-AMA participates in is the Annual Intercollegiate Conference coordinated by AMA headquarters. This event gives Marketing or Business majors the opportunity to represent Mason at a collegiate conference. Over 100 different universities and 1200 student and faculty advisors attend. For more information about the American Marketing Association, please click here.
- Beta Alpha PsiFaculty Advisor:Constance M. HyltonEmail:firstname.lastname@example.orgStudent President:Srey MachEmail:email@example.comURL:http://www.gmu.edu/org/bap/Description:Beta Alpha Psi is the national honorary and service fraternity of financial information professionals. Activities include frequent meetings with presentations by members of the accounting and financial services professions. Participation is open to accounting and finance majors with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 and a major GPA of at least 3.0. In addition, students not yet admitted to the School of Business but with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 may participate in Beta Alpha Psi activities as a National Pledge. A pledge drive is conducted at the beginning of each semester and active participation in fraternity, professional, service, and social activities is expected. Please click here for for more information, or click here for the national website.
- Beta Gamma SigmaFaculty Advisor:Steve PilloffEmail:firstname.lastname@example.orgURL:http://www.gmu.edu/org/bgsDescription:Beta Gamma Sigma is a scholastic business honor society. Membership in Beta Gamma Sigma is the highest recognition a business student can receive in an undergraduate or master’s program at a school accredited by AACSB. Each year, the top seven percent of juniors, the top ten percent of seniors, and the top twenty percent of master’s students are invited to join the society. Membership provides ongoing, tangible benefits throughout one’s career. Please visit www.gmu.edu/org/bgs for more information.
- Collegiate DECAFaculty Advisor:Jeff KulickEmail:email@example.comStudent President:
Collegiate DECA is a professional business organization that helps emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in the field of hospitality, marketing, finance, accounting, technology, and management. Our members become academically prepared, community oriented, professionally responsible, experienced leaders through the use of our scholastic program, conferences, business competitions and social events. For more information, see www.facebook.com/gmudeca
- Delta Sigma PiFaculty Advisor:Constant ChengEmail:firstname.lastname@example.orgStudent President:
Sadaf IslamzadaEmail:email@example.comDescription:Delta Sigma Pi combines the best of both the business and the social world. Its goal is to build skills that are imperative for today’s business environment, such as teamwork and public speaking, while taking part in the Greek life experience. Delta Sigma Pi has a very large alumni base that are employed at several Fortune 500 companies, including Booz Allen Hamilton, AMS, PricewaterhouseCoopers and Deloitte & Touche. Alumni provide exceptional networking and resume building opportunities, as well as mock behavioral interviews.
- Financial Management Association (FMA)Faculty Advisor:Mike AndersonEmail:firstname.lastname@example.orgDescription:Joining Financial Management Association (FMA) will provide new depth and dimension to your finance education. some of the benefits of membership include: contact with finance professionals, professors, and other driven students; information and help with your career path; opportunities to demonstrate leadership; access to numerous publications rich in financial knowledge; and recognition through the FMA National Honor Society. To be eligible for the FMA National Honor Society, the Mason chapter of FMA requires completion of 12 or more credit hours of finance coursework (beyond FNAN 301), with an average GPA of 3.5 or better in those courses. Mason's growing FMA chapter is a student run organization and encourages Finance majors to help design a variety of activities.
- International Business Organization (IBO)Description:Started in fall 2006, this organization has a broad focus that includes anyone interested in adding an international business perspective to their educational experience at Mason. The purpose of this organization is to foster a fellowship of undergraduates, graduates, and faculty and staff in a networking environment in which its members have the opportunity to share ideas, contacts, and academic and professional contributions. We entrust each of our members to prosper in the global workplace by sponsoring continuous training and workshops, professional speakers, and interaction with other George Mason University organizations. We commit ourselves to diversity, quality of scholarship, ethical business practices, and supportive networking to create a positive awareness of International Business. Students interested in participating in this new club should plan to come to the meetings ready to work on several upcoming events and projects.
- Mason Accounting SocietyFaculty Advisor:Syed HasanEmail:email@example.comStudent President:Jamah MurphyEmail:firstname.lastname@example.orgURL:https://gmu.collegiatelink.net/organization/accountingsocietyDescription:
The Mason Accounting Society is an organization open to anyone majoring in Accounting at Mason. The purpose of this society is to create a community outside of the classroom that offers its members the opportunity to make a difference through activities and community service.
- Mason Consulting ClubFaculty Advisor:Mahesh JoshiEmail:email@example.comDescription:
- Mason EntrepreneursFaculty Advisor:Yan LingEmail:firstname.lastname@example.orgDescription:Mason Entrepreneurs will initiate programs and activities exploring all aspects of entrepreneurship, including the idea creation, funding, management, and operational issues facing the entrepreneurs of today - and tomorrow. The club plans to offer a variety of activities, including workshops designed around various issues in building a company, dinner series where club members meet informally with local entrepreneurs and venture capitalists, field trips to mid-stage startups and local venture capital companies, and Young Entrepreneurs Summit that features young, successful entrepreneurs sharing their career paths with students from Mason and other regional universities.
- Mason Information Systems and Operations Management AssociationFaculty Advisor:Harvey SingerEmail:email@example.comStudent President:
Vishrut ShelatEmail:firstname.lastname@example.orgDescription:The Mason Information Systems and Operations Management Association (MISOMA) is a forum for students at George Mason University who have an interest in information technology and its applications in business. MISOMA's mission is to enhance knowledge of Information Technology applications in all levels of business operations. MISOMA's involvement in School of Business events is to promote career networking opportunities with top-level employers, peers, and other student organizations. Its mission is also to encourage members to take advantage of leadership opportunities within the School of Business and the George Mason community.
- Mason Investment ClubFaculty Advisor:Gerald A. HanweckEmail:email@example.comFaculty Advisor:Shelly CanterburyEmail:firstname.lastname@example.orgStudent President:Juwariah (Fatimah) ShareefEmail:email@example.comDescription:The Mason Investment Club is a student organization that is devoted to teaching practical skills and knowledge in order to compete with the best in the investment world. One of the most useful skills we teach is how to do research on individual stocks: where to find the information, how to analyze the stock using financial models in order to determine if it is overpriced or under-priced, how to give an oral presentation on the stock afterwards to the Board of Directors and professional analysts. The club will hold numerous events to hear about different investment philosophies from guest speakers, as well as a chance to learn exactly how to be a day trader.
- National Association of Black AccountantsFaculty Advisor:Janet FaughnanEmail:firstname.lastname@example.orgStudent President:
Laquasia LeGrandEmail:email@example.comURL:http://www.nabainc.org/Description:The National Association of Black Accountants (NABA) George Mason University Student Chapter seeks to address the professional needs of its members while building leaders that shape the future of the accounting and finance profession. NABA-GMU holds a high interest in students who possess a strong sense of civic responsibility, a desire for excellence both inside and outside of the classroom, as well as those who are interested in promoting opportunities for minorities in the fields of accounting, finance and other business related professions. Explore NABA on the web by visiting the national website at http://www.nabainc.org/.
- Real Estate Association for Leaders (REAL)Faculty Advisor:John H. CrockettEmail:firstname.lastname@example.orgDescription:The Real Estate Association for Leaders (REAL) provides a direct link between students and top employers within the real estate industry. Network and enhance your knowledge of the various real estate careers such as: real estate development, asset management, financial services, urban planning, etc. Additionally, students will have the opportunity to participate in activities with trade organizations (ULI, NAIOP, etc.), attend luncheons with potential employers, tour metro-area development projects and gain meaningful satisfaction through events with charities like Habitat for Humanity. Prospective members must have a minimum cumulative GPA of a 2.75 or higher.
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)Faculty Advisor:Cindy ParkerEmail:email@example.comStudent President:Samar RababeEmail:firstname.lastname@example.orgDescription:SHRM is the leading voice of the human resource profession. As a national student member of the Society you will gain exposure to the world of Human Resources, current issues and the application of concepts and theories. Activities are intended to expand upon classroom learning, building your knowledge of the HR field. Your participation provides an opportunity to develop valuable leadership and organizational skills. SHRM professional development activities include seminars on HR matters and resume workshops and attendance at the annual national conference. As an additional benefit, GMU members gain the opportunity to prepare for SHRM Certification in the field of HRM. SHRM membership provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career. For more information about the Society for Human Resource Management click here.