Academic Advising – Appointments vs Walk-ins
The Office of Student Success and Academic Services would like to remind students of the difference between walk-ins and appointments for academic advising. Come to Enterprise Hall Room 008 to see an advisor today!
- 15 minute advising sessions
- designated for quick questions, major changes, schedule checks, re-enrollments, etc.
- are not:
- for returning from suspension, creating long range plans, for complex concerns
- 30 minute, scheduled appointments with an advisor
- in-person or via Skype
- for returning from suspension, satisfactory academic progress appeals, long range plans, complex concerns
- are not:
- for quick questions such as major change/declaration, minor change/declaration, course selection
- Schedule an appointment with an academic advisor: https://gmu.campus.eab.com/
- The scheduling system will not be available during Peak Advising weeks in order to prioritize the available appointments for students needing extra advising beyond course scheduling. You will need to call the office at 703-993-1880 to schedule an appointment during Peak if you have more complex concerns than changing your major or course selection for the next semester.
- Peak Advising
- The first two weeks of each semester as well as course registration weeks in the middle of each semester are considered Peak Advising.
- Wait time for a walk-in to see an advisor during Peak Advising could be up to 30 minutes.
- Appointments are limited during Peak Advising. The Appointment Schedule system will not be available, although you can still make an appointment by calling 703-993-1880 if you have more complex concerns than changing your major or course selection for the next semester.
- Tuesday evening advising
- Available from 4:30-6:30pm while classes are in session.
If you’re unsure of what would be best for your situation, please contact: 703-993-1880 or firstname.lastname@example.org