APPLY NOW! Graphic Design Intern with Rowan Tree
ABOUT ROWAN TREE
Rowan Tree is a coworking + cogrowth community focused on women but open to all. We provide a community style coworking space, along with office amenities such as phone booths and conference rooms, and onsite yoga, wellness, and professional and creative growth programming. Our goal? Make it easier for women to work, connect, be well, and create.
Our flagship location is in Herndon, Virginia. And although we have only been open a few months, we are thriving with over 65 members, the majority of which are women entrepreneurs. Learn more by visiting our website and following us on social @workrowan.
WORK STRUCTURE + BENEFITS
This is an unpaid internship, but we are happy to work with you to get class credit. Hours are negotiable based on your school credit needs and availability. Additional value added as this will be a true mentorship opportunity to learn and hone a skill set.
Also, as an intern, you will have a free annual membership to Rowan Tree (valued at $2400). That means you will have in-person access to a brilliant group of (mostly) women who are established as professionals in the DC/NoVA area and knowledgeable across a tremendous variety of careers. You will also work alongside the cofounders and experience the ins and outs of launching a small business. This is a fantastic opportunity for an emerging professional! In addition, you will also get to participate in our onsite yoga, wellness, and professional and creative growth activities.
Remote work is possible, but we do ask that the student is available for some part-time onsite work to receive the most value from the mentorship and community.
Graphic Design Intern
AVAILABLE INTERNSHIPS – Summer 2019, Fall Semester 2019, and Spring 2020
We are looking for graphic design intern to support our visual communication needs as we continue to grow a thriving coworking business. We want to foster an environment of creativity and warmth and provide real-life business experience that you can lean back on in years to come.
Amy Dagliano, one of the cofounders of Rowan Tree is a seasoned graphic designer with 15+ years of experience in the industry. She can help guide and mentor the design student while also giving them freedom and flexibility to cultivate their skill set and ideas.
What You Will Be Doing
- Primary responsibility is to assist in designing marketing projects that are reflective of the Rowan Tree brand. Including but not limited to:
- social media marketing collateral
- upcoming events flyers and advertisements
- internal design marketing needs
- email templates
- signage needs
- Secondary responsibility includes occasional WordPress website support (web experience is not required but is a definite bonus)
- Organize assets on creative team’s file sharing platform to optimize production for all teams
- Development of Rowan Tree style guide
What You Need for this Position
- Ability to work a minimum of 6-8 hours per week; more hours available if required for internship credit
- Pursuing degree in Graphic Design or Visual Communications required; at least one year of course work completed is ideal
- Working knowledge and skills in Adobe Creative Cloud including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Strong skills in page design, layout, and typography
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to accept constructive criticism
- Savvy, conceptual thinker with exceptional attention to detail
Additional Added Bonus Skills (Not required)
- Photography or illustration skills
- Basic video editing knowledge in Adobe AfterEffects or other comparable program
- Working HTML and CSS knowledge
- General understanding of marketing and communications concepts
- Microsoft Office skills
- Mac laptop with Creative Suite installed and active
To Apply: Please email a cover letter, resume, and design sample PDF or online portfolio link to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Internship Application” in the Subject Line.