APPLY NOW! Graduate Fellows Program Assistant Intern with UNA-NCA
About the Organization
The United Nations Association of the National Capital Area (UNA-NCA) is currently seeking applicants for our fall and spring Program Assistant Internships. These internships will be for 20-32 hours/week, Monday through Thursday and run from September through Mid-December in the fall, and January though Early May in the Spring. Our internships offer a great opportunity to engage in advocacy, programming, communications, and operations in a non-profit office environment. As well, our office is connected with many Untied Nations Agencies and like-minded organizations in DC, offering unmatched networking opportunities.
About the Position
The Graduate Fellows Program Assistant will gain experience working in a small, non- profit environment. To some extent the responsibilities will be comparable to those of a teaching assistant in a graduate course at a local university. However, the GFP assistant will also gain exposure to a variety of communications and general administrative tasks. The GFP assistant will work under the supervision of the UNA-NCA Program Manager but be expected to work independently in close cooperation with UNA-NCA office staff and members of the GFP volunteer team – the GFP Director, the Sr. Advisor, and the Career Strategy and Mentoring Manager.
- Assist with promotion of GFP at DC area universities, including contacts with relevant departments and design and production of promotional material
- Review GFP applications, schedule and arrange interviews, assist review panel, and inform successful applicants of selection
- Assist in preparation of list of potential GFP mentors, and in matching mentors with GFP mentees; manage communications leading to final matches of mentors and mentees
- Create and manage GFP data bases, of past and current Fellows, current applications, potential and actual mentors
- Aid in design and implementation of GFP curriculum, especially reading lists
- Support creation and formatting/reformatting of other GFP-related documents (e.g. Fellows Memory book)
- Assist in managing classroom and other GFP event requirements and associated contacts with universities and partners
- Attend all GFP program sessions and other GFP events, including annual UNA-USA Global Leadership Summit for UNA members at the United Nations in NYC, and manage communications about them
- Maintain contact with GFP Fellows, and facilitate resolution of problems that may arise in their Fellowship
- Assist in design, implementation, and review of post-program survey of GFP participants
- Other duties, as assigned by the supervisor
*This position is unpaid, but volunteer hours or school credit is available.
How to Apply
To apply, please email resume, cover letter, a brief writing sample (1-2 pages) and hours of availability to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Program Assistant in the subject line.