APPLY NOW! Program Assistant Internship with UNA-NCA
About the Organization
The United Nations Association of the National Capital Area (UNA-NCA) is currently seeking applicants for our fall and spring Program Assistant Internships. These internships will be for 20-32 hours/week, Monday through Thursday and run from September through Mid-December in the fall, and January though Early May in the Spring. Our internships offer a great opportunity to engage in advocacy, programming, communications, and operations in a non-profit office environment. As well, our office is connected with many Untied Nations Agencies and like-minded organizations in DC, offering unmatched networking opportunities.
About the Program
UNA-NCA offers year-round unpaid internships to current students (undergraduates and graduates) and recent graduates. Both general program assistant positions and Global Classrooms DC program assistants are available.
UNA-NCA is now accepting Program Assistant applications for the 2019-2020 Academic Year (Fall and Spring semesters). Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
UNA-NCA Program Assistant
Program assistants will gain experience working in a small, non-profit environment and exposure to a variety of communications, membership, events, development, and general administrative tasks. This position is ideal for those interested in non-profit management and will provide hands-on experience as an integral member of the team.
- Update and maintain UNA-NCA database and
- Assist with developing membership recruitment and retention
- Help contact new and current members to inform them about upcoming event and volunteer
- Create and edit the weekly e-newsletter.
- Assist with maintaining and updating the UNA-NCA
- Help prepare press releases and other promotional
- Help write, edit, and design newsletters, promotional/event materials and annual
- Write articles about UNA-NCA or partner’s events to be posted on
- Maintain UNA-NCA’s social media presence by posting news and information on Facebook, Twitter, and
- Help organize events, meetings and fundraisers, including securing speakers, locating venues, and managing
- Assist volunteers and other organizations with event
- Assist with event publicity and
- Represent association at UNA-NCA and partner organization
Minimum Required Skills and Experience
- Detail-oriented and well-organized
- 1+ years’ experience in an office setting, handling day-to-day administrative tasks.
- Strong written and oral communication
- Customer service skills, especially via phone and
- Event planning
- Strong research and writing skills and
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team with minimal supervision while maintaining a “can-do”
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced environment, where handling multiple projects at once is a necessity
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Drive, and Google Calendar
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere
- Database experience preferred
**This position is unpaid.
How to Apply
To apply, please email resume, cover letter, and hours of availability to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Program Assistant in the subject line.