APPLY NOW! Staff Accountant Position at Meals on Wheels America
MEALS ON WHEELS AMERICA
CRYSTAL CITY, VIRGINIA
Meals on Wheels America (MOWA) is the leadership organization supporting more than 5,000 community-based programs across the country that are dedicated to addressing senior hunger and isolation. This network serves virtually every community in America and, along with more than two million staff and volunteers, delivers the nutritious meals, friendly visits and safety checks that enable America’s seniors to live nourished lives in their own homes with independence and dignity. By providing funding, leadership, education, research and advocacy support, Meals on Wheels America empowers its local member programs to strengthen their communities, one senior at a time. With a $ 12 million annual budget, Meals on Wheels America currently has a national office staff of 34, who serve nearly 1,100 member programs nationwide. For more information, visit www.mealsonwheelsamerica.org.
In response to the Association’s rapid growth, the staff accountant position was created to augment the finance and accounting team in providing support in all areas of accounting and finance. The position requires an ambitious, forward-thinking, entrepreneurial professional who is comfortable working in a fast-paced, growing organization.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Finance, the staff accountant assists with preparing monthly financial analysis reports, assisting with department budgets and generating cost reports. This position supports financial operations with accounts payable/receivable, expense reporting, budgeting and forecasting. The successful candidate will also collect information for third party audits, oversee financial reporting and operations while ensuring that internal operations are aligned with Meals on Wheels America’s vision, mission, values, brand, key initiatives, advocacy positions, and value propositions.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
• Collaboratively shares information and supports each department, providing financial and data analysis to aid strategic decision making.
• Manages the full cycle of accounts payable and receivables; accurately records receipts and disbursements, verifies and validates documentation prior to disbursing for payment, and maintains systems to ensure timely receipt of accounts payable, referring any deviations to the Senior Director of Finance.
• Provides consultation to staff about submission of expense reports, travel and procurement requests to ensure they are in accordance with policy.
• Manages payroll and benefits processing and administration, ensures accuracy of payroll changes, conducts annual benefits plan review and open enrollment.
• Manages contracts by ensuring permanent copies are filed, tracked and terms met.
• Review and reconcile company credit card transactions.
• Manage staff timesheets, prepares monthly salary and benefits allocation entries.
• Provides ad hoc financial reports as requested.
Personal Traits & Characteristics:
• A highly organized, collaborative team player, who is looking to advance the mission and goals of Meals on Wheels America, while creating an overall impact on the organization.
• Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit, along with a service orientation and business acumen.
• Proven ability to get along with all types of personalities and leadership styles.
• An energetic, forward-thinking individual with high ethical standards. Proven ability to provide creative strategies in establishing priorities needed to achieve the goals and objectives of the organization.
• The successful candidate must bring “value-add” to the organization and be on the cutting edge of his/her profession and someone who can make a difference.
• Possesses excellent analytical, abstract reasoning and relationship management skills.
• Embodies the cultural attributes of the Association: collaborative, accountable, service oriented, learning driven. Able to serve as a model of the work environment and ethos of Meals on Wheels America.
• 3 – 5 years of experience in nonprofit accounting
• Human Resource technology experience a plus including familiarity with Intacct, Bill.com, Tallie, netFORUM, Bamboo HR, Clicktime, RunADP and Kudos.
• Knowledge and experience with a non-profit organization comprised of diverse funding sources would be a plus.
• Experience working with or in a membership association is a plus.
• Proven experience seeking opportunities to improve processes and a proven ability to read and understand a variety of technical forms and financial reports.
• Excellent oral/written communications and computer skills are required, with proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills; someone who is detail-oriented and diligent.
• A minimum of a BA or BS in accounting or business management.
Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
Hope Johnson President and CEO Pyramind, LLC Ph: 703-622-9088
Meals on Wheels America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified persons of every race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, and disability.