APPLY NOW! Undergraduate Intern at MyLife, Inc.
We are looking for an inquisitive and talented undergraduate from any discipline to intern at our small non-profit. This is a year-around opportunity and will require 40 hours per month (on average 10 hours per week), starting January 15, 2021.
Work will involve the following:
- Assist Executive Director and our Treasurer in weekly/monthly activities such as communications with volunteers, advisory board members, business partners and follow up emails/phone calls
- Assist in developing a scholarship program to students in area law schools
- Assist in the logistics to place interns in Capital Hill
- Initiate a social media presence using Facebook, Instagram and YouTube
- Develop and maintain a schedule for our upcoming one-on-one conversation program “Know your Neighbors”
- Others as may be assigned
Skills and experience we are looking for:
- First and foremost, a desire to learn, contribute and grow personally and professionally
- Good aptitude to learn our website and interact with our website maintenance company – (FireSpring) and Squarespace to learn how to develop and maintain contents, update calendar of activities, run email campaigns for donations, etc.
- Good communication, writing, speaking and time management skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and deliver work on time and with proactive communication with the Interim Executive Director, who is also a professor at GMU
- Interest in gaining experience in non-profit management and services
- Good skills with Microsoft office, email using outlook and good email/telephone etiquette
Work will be done remotely, even in post-COVID situation. Hourly rate will be $10-12 per hour.
If interested, pls send a resume with any relevant work experience (preferred but not necessary), skills around website technology, social media and Microsoft Office, a writing sample and a copy of transcript to email@example.com