Greater Washington Partnership’s Capital CoLAB Digital Tech Credential Scholarship Opportunity for Minorities and Women
Greater Washington Partnership’s Capital CoLAB Announces New Digital Tech Credential Scholarship for Minorities and Women.
The Capital CoLAB, a tech-focused initiative of the Greater Washington Partnership, is launching the Digital Tech Credential Scholarship for Minorities and Women. Read recent coverage from Technical.ly DC to learn more!
As the nation’s second largest tech hub, the Capital Region’s unique mix of industries—federal government, defense, healthcare, IT, and professional services—offers ample opportunities to pursue digital tech and tech-adjacent careers. However, long-standing structural barriers and changes in the workforce resulting from the economic and public health impacts of COVID-19 have had a disproportionate impact on underrepresented populations, resulting in an urgency to broaden access to digital tech education and career pathways.
The Digital Tech Credential Scholarship for Minorities and Women will:
- Put funding support into the hands of students who especially need it post-COVID-19
- Create a supply of diverse, digitally proficient candidates for regional jobs
- Increase regional awareness of, and enrollment in, CoLAB’s Digital Tech Credential
- Highlight CoLAB employers committed to diversifying the region’s digital tech workforce
- Drive inclusive growth in the region, helping to fulfill the overarching mission of the Partnership
Applications will open in fall 2021. For more information about the Digital Tech Credential Scholarship for Minorities and Women, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.