APPLY NOW! Marketing and Events Coordinator at Shepherd’s Center of Northern Virginia
Marketing and Events Coordinator
Shepherd’s Center of Northern Virginia
The Shepherd Center of Northern Virginia (SCNOVA) is growing and we are looking for a dynamic and talented individual who enjoys using modern media strategies to share our stories and grow participation in our programs. SCNOVA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to promote and support purposeful, independent living for mature adults through transportation and support services, lifelong learning programs, and enrichment opportunities. This is a great opportunity to take a leading role in the development and implementation of creative campaigns and messaging. Our community is ready to re-engage and have some fun!
The part-time Marketing and Events Coordinator will build on our strong history and recent growth to connect, educate and engage with seniors in the communities where we offer services (Oakton, Vienna, Reston, Herndon, Great Falls, Dunn Loring). The person in this role is an integral part of the SCNOVA’s small professional team and will partner with clients, volunteers, donors and interns.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement marketing campaigns that achieve identified targets and encourage strong community engagement.
- Prepare digital and print communications, including emails, newsletters, fundraising packages, flyers, and brochures.
- Create content and maintain consistent schedule for various platforms for an enhanced social media presence. Ensure uniform content and tone consistent with SCNOVA vision and mission.
- Track and report on social media, digital marketing, and website metrics.
- Draft media releases and pitch stories to local media.
- Manage and maintain website content. Coordinate with web site management company as needed.
- Work with a committee to plan and implement fundraising events, including an annual gala and auction. Serve as the main point of contact for handling event requirements and coordination among internal and external participants/ vendors/ staff.
- Utilize strong project management skills to manage short term and long term projects, campaigns and/or events.
- Launch and manage Google Adwords for Nonprofit account.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 2 – 4 years of marketing and events experience, nonprofit preferred.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite, including Publisher, Constant Contact, WordPress, Canva, and Zoom strongly preferred.
- Strong social media experience.
- Excellent writing and editing skills. Creative and persuasive storytelling ability.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, project management, and organizational skills. Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check.
- COVID 19 vaccination required.
SCNOVA offers a competitive salary and paid time off. Health insurance is not available.
The position requires part-time effort in the office in Vienna, VA. Flexible telework is negotiable with the Executive Director however a minimum of work in the office will be expected. All staff and office volunteers are required to be COVID immunized and COVID safety protocols are observed.
Please send a cover letter telling your story. Be sure to include a resume, a writing sample, and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SCNOVA is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, veteran status, political or religious affiliations, or any other characteristic protected by law.