APPLY NOW! Summer Finance Intern at Burney Wealth Management
Burney Company is a fee-only, Registered Investment Advisor headquartered in Reston, Virginia with over $2 billion in client assets under management. Our wealth management group (Burney Wealth Management) is seeking a summer intern to work and learn alongside our team of CFP® professionals.
As a paid intern, you will work directly with our wealth advisors gaining hands-on knowledge in our planning process which includes investment management, tax planning, retirement planning, and estate planning.
Our interns work on dedicated projects impacting the firm and actively participate with advisors in client meetings. Many of our previous interns have joined the team as full-time hires upon graduation.
During your summer internship with Burney Wealth Management you will:
- Prepare for and attend live and virtual client meetings with our Wealth Advisors
- Work with our Associate Advisors to build comprehensive financial plans using various software programs and internal tools
- Be assigned projects related to evaluating internal processes and procedures and come up with recommendations for improvement
- Attend industry webinars and conference events to build upon your academic knowledge
- Be assigned a dedicated internal mentor that will meet with you weekly to debrief on your experience and answer questions
We prefer candidates who have:
- Great people skills and a desire to work as part of a team
- The ability to multitask and prioritize various “to do” items
- A love of technology and researching/learning new tools
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A “just do it” mentality and desire to take initiative despite their experience level
Internship Program Qualifications
- Must be currently enrolled in the Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) Certification education track
- Expected graduation date of Spring/Summer 2023
Please submit your resume and a cover letter describing your qualifications to Adam Newman at email@example.com.
If you have any questions about this internship, contact Brenna Surette, CFP, Associate Wealth Advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.