APPLY NOW! Real Estate Finance Intern at CARS
Located in Tysons Corner, V.A., Capital Automotive Real Estate Services (CARS) is a triple-net REIT that manages the largest and most diverse portfolio of automotive retail properties in North America ($4B+ Fair Market Value). CARS is a small, collegial company with 35-40 full-time employees, and was acquired in 2014 by Brookfield Property Partners, a global commercial real estate company with headquarters in New York and Toronto. For CARS’ upcoming 2022 Summer Internship Program, we’re targeting current junior applicants currently studying real estate, finance, accounting, or economics. If you have any questions about CARS or the Internship Program, please feel free to reach out to Mason alumna Jennifer House at email@example.com.
Company Information: Capital Automotive Real Estate Services, Inc. (CARS)
- Handshake link – Job #5690105 Real Estate Finance Intern (Summer 2022 Internship – Application deadline is February 13, 2022)
- Company website – www.capitalautomotive.com/
An internship at CARS will provide valuable business lessons and skills that will be transferable to any professional full-time position whether at CARS or another company. CARS interns will have opportunities to work with the Portfolio Management team in the capacity of a full-time Analyst within the Real Estate Group. Interns will be afforded the opportunity to take on higher levels of responsibility as they are willing and able. As members of the Portfolio Management team, interns will have exposure to real estate transactions, Investment Committee approval memos, lease negotiation, construction financing, industry research, property site visits, and commercial real estate reports (e.g., appraisals, surveys, zoning reports, and environmental reports).
The CARS intern program will provide opportunities to:
- Join an open-door, collegial environment with regular access to all levels of executive management, including the President and Chief Executive Officer.
- Participate in work assignments and projects that will add real value to the company. Many prior intern-led projects have been incorporated into day-to-day operations.
- Conduct in-depth credit risk assessments including the evaluation of tenant and prospect financial statements.
- Receive industry-specific training (including training on credit/financial analysis, real estate due diligence underwriting, leases, and the automotive retail industry) as well as access to professional development workshops such as resume reviews and business writing workshops.
- Present multiple projects directly to the President, Portfolio Managers, and other senior-level executives. Recent internship projects have included recommending an exit strategy for a near-term lease expiration, conducting a comprehensive public dealer analysis, and underwriting a potential new CARS acquisition.
- Report directly to an Analyst II or Senior Analyst and receive feedback on strengths and opportunities for development.
- Daily company-paid lunch with several restaurant options within close walking distance when in the office.
- The CARS office is located in Tysons Corner, VA, 10 miles from Downtown Washington, D.C. The office is within walking distance of the WMATA Metro’s silver line and The Boro at Tysons.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate is an undergraduate student anticipating a May 2023 graduation and is pursuing a degree in Finance, Economics, Real Estate, and/or Accounting. Other business-related degrees (Marketing, Entrepreneurship, IT, etc.), as well as prospective December 2023 and May 2024 graduates, will also be considered.