BUSINESS MASTER'S PROGRAMS BLOG

Why I Chose the Mason MBA Program

One of the best ways to learn about the quality of a business school’s MBA degree and what it can do for your career is to hear directly from the students and alumni from the program.

What made you choose George Mason’s School of Business MBA program to further your career?

I chose Mason due to the low cost relative to other MBA programs in the DC area, the convenience of campus being located near downtown DC (near my work), and the more personalized attention I felt during a preview night relative to other MBA programs. -Brock Walker MBA ’14

How would you describe George Mason’s MBA degree to someone who isn’t familiar with the university?

A very diverse and open environment, focused on the development of students both through education and professional skills. It’s a great place to learn, not only based on curriculum, but from peers and very capable and knowledgeable professors. It’s also a great place to start new projects or even a business. There is a great deal of support from the MBA faculty and staff and quite a focus on entrepreneurship Ruxandra Arustei MBA ’11

What, in your opinion, sets George Mason’s School of Business apart from other business schools?

The experience as a whole is what sets Mason apart. It’s a combination of high standards, diversity, flexibility and value. It also has a great network. -Ruxandra Arustei MBA ’11

I visited almost every major business school in the DC area when looking for an MBA program and walked away feeling the best about Mason. I think this was due to the way the staff treated me throughout the entire inquiry/application process. I did not feel like just “another student,” but rather, it felt like they actually valued me and what I could bring to the program in terms of my experience and skill set. This feeling was strengthened after joining the program and spending time in the classroom with the professors. Overall, I believe that the way the faculty and administration treats the students is what sets Mason apart from other business schools. -Brock Walker MBA ’14

Tags: ,

Trackback from your site.

Rebecca Diemer

I serve as the associate director for MBA Programs at George Mason University's School of Business.