BUSINESS MASTER'S PROGRAMS BLOG

MBA Courses Provide Valuable Return on Investment

There are many aspects of an MBA program that will make it successful. One key ingredient is that the MBA courses you take provide you a valuable return on investment by enabling you to immediately apply what you are learning in the classroom to your job. An MBA program’s return on investment is one of the most important points to consider when researching MBA programs. After (or even during your MBA program) will you secure a new job? Earn a promotion? Get a raise?

“I’ve been able to take the things that I was learning in class and apply them on the job, the next day in some cases.” –J.J. Campbell ’10 Mason MBA, Vice President, Blake Realty

The ROI you receive is not from adding the MBA credential to your résumé. Your ROI stems from your ability to take what you learn in your MBA courses and demonstrate it on the job. The MBA courses you take should enhance your understanding of all business fundamentals from accounting and finance to marketing and human resource management. They should make you a more confident leader and a more strategic thinker.

“Getting an MBA has given me the confidence that I know what I’m talking about. When I negotiate business deals now, I feel more at ease, more certain in my knowledge and my negotiating position. I can talk confidently about things like return on investment.” –Brendan O’Mara ’10 Mason MBA, Contract Negotiator, Department of Defense

The decision to pursue an MBA degree is a big financial and time commitment. You want to be sure to consider an MBA program that has a good reputation and measured success. Connections that are made during graduate school will often be lasting business connections that stay with you throughout the duration of your career.

In addition, it may also be important to you to consider whether the MBA program you are researching offers teaching or research assistantships or scholarships to help offset the financial burden you will be incurring.

A top-ranked MBA program, the Mason MBA prepares the next generation of business leaders through a rigorous, stimulating business and management curriculum based on a global perspective, industry demand, and leadership. Mason MBA graduates from the class of 2015 saw immediate ROI.

Mason MBA Career Success

(class of 2015)

• 97% were employed at the time of graduation
  • 33% secured new positions during the program
  • 49% received a promotion
  • 79% received a raise

The School of Business at George Mason University is accredited by AACSB International—the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business—and is one of only 25% of AACSB-accredited business schools worldwide accredited in both business and accounting.

Read previous blogs titled, “ROI of MBA Programs,” “The ROI of a Traditional MBA Degree vs. an Online MBA Degree” and “Business Schools in VA Have Better ROI” to learn more the return on investment of MBA programs.

Download the complete e-book titled “5 Things You Need in an MBA Program” for a more in-depth look at this topic.

Tags: ,

Trackback from your site.

Paige Wolf

As director of graduate programs at George Mason's School of Business, my vision is to have a vibrant, collegial community of active learners who develop enduring professional relationships with faculty, staff, and fellow students while pursuing their degrees. Prior to this position, I spent 11 years with the School of Business as an associate professor of management teaching both MBA and undergraduate courses in organizational behavior and human resource management. I have more than 16 years of experience as an internal and external consultant on strategic human resource initiatives including team building, organizational development, competency modelling, performance management, employee selection systems, career planning, employee training and development, leadership assessment, and human resource audits.