MS in Real Estate Development: 2015 Workshops and Events
George Mason University’s MS in Real Estate Development (MRED) program and the Center for Real Estate Entrepreneurship (CREE)—have planned a variety of professional development programs for the upcoming year to benefit students, alumni and members of the region’s real estate industry.
Real Estate Skills: Excel and ARGUS
- Beginner and advanced Excel workshops in financial analysis for real estate development will be offered early in both the Spring and Fall semesters.
- An in-depth three-day ARGUS workshop will be offered in April and again next fall.
Informing the region’s real estate professionals about the most important industry trends is an important mission of the Center for Real Estate Entrepreneurship (CREE). In partnership with local organizations, CREE is planning several industry-wide 2015 conferences with these proposed topics:
- NoVa Apartment Summit (with the Northern Virginia Apartment Association),
- Building Healthy Buildings (with the American Institute of Architects/DC),
- Great Street Design (with Urban Land Institute’s DC chapter).
Another core CREE mission is to give our region’s leading real estate professionals an opportunity to share their knowledge and experience with the next generation of real estate development leaders. In 2015, CREE will sponsor:
- A Best Practices Lecture by Toby Bozzuto (January 26)
- The annual Leadership in Real Estate Lecture by Bob Buchanan (April 20).
Case Study Tours
To give Mason MRED students a chance to get out of the classroom and expand their perspectives on the world of development, three case study tours are scheduled for the summer. The theme will be office building repositioning strategies. As office vacancies continue to rise, this sector will need to reinvent much of its surplus and/or obsolete buildings. We will visit three successful repositioning projects and learn from their owners.
Role Model Fridays
These first-Friday events are open to MRED students and alumni. On a monthly basis, these casual happy-hour events give students a chance to hear from other young/successful real estate professionals as they describe the arc of their career and share their secrets of success.
Visit the Mason MS in Real Estate Development web site throughout the year to learn more about these events and to RSVP.
Trackback from your site.