Subscribe:

Career Outlook for Masters in Technology Management Grads

A masters in technology management degree can help you further your technology leadership career, positioning you to take advantage of director and executive level IT career opportunities as you sharpen your ability to adapt and excel in a rapidly changing business environment.

George Mason’s MS in Technology Management provides students with a graduate education that applies business principles within the context of an IT environment. The program directly addresses how to achieve success in the technology marketplace and emphasizes technology management and leadership; the special consideration of technology innovation, commercialization, introduction, and integration; and the methods and approaches of systems thinking.

Employers of our masters in technology management students reflect the major industries of the northern Virginia and metropolitan Washington, D.C., region. Almost two-thirds of our students are employed in the private sector, while the remainder work for federal government agencies or departments. Some of the major industries represented by our students are information technology, telecom, defense, healthcare, financial services, consulting and e-commerce.

In George Mason’s MS in Technology Management program, our dedicated career services team offers you personalized career consulting services for life. That means throughout your time in the MBA program and even after you graduate, you will have access to our career services and our broad network of employers.

Our dedicated career management professionals

• educate you about employment and networking opportunities
  • provide you access to online resources and recruitment fairs
  • deliver professional development seminars
  • review and help you rework your résumé
  • assist you with interview preparation
  • expose you to our large employer network

What do alumni say about the Masters in Technology Management Program and their IT careers?

“The synergy is fantastic and as a result the students are engaged and the staff is passionate about your success. Every day I spent at Mason turned into insight and strength the very next day at the office, as I suddenly found myself able to understand and add value to areas of work that had previously been inaccessible to me. The breadth of understanding across program management, execution, financials, strategy, and people skills gave me the ability to contribute meaningfully at a higher level. I found my insight, recommendations, and burgeoning leadership appreciated, recognized and rewarded.” -David Gagliano ’02, Deputy to Chief Technology Officer, Acentia

“When I began the program I was an individual contributor on a government contract. I challenged myself to apply the information being provided during our class sessions throughout the week, as I performed an ever-increasing variety of managerial tasks. The School of Management was remarkable in its ability to pair real-world business with the right mix of current and relevant academic resources.”  -Alfred N. D. Smith III ’04, Vice President, Welkin

From the first course, Sullivan knew his Mason education was helping him in his career. At the time, he was facing a challenging situation, managing a team that was distributed across three offices. “In the first few months in Interpersonal Dynamics we learned strategies that were directly applicable to managing a geographically dispersed team. The class made me a much more confident manager.”Matthew P. Sullivan ’04, Associate, Kelley Drye & Warren

Learn more about careers of students and alumni in our Masters in Technology Management program.

Tags:

Trackback from your site.

Janet Palmisano

Janet Palmisano is a member of the Recruiting and Admissions team at the George Mason University School of Business.