Chief Marketing Officer
"It’s clear that there are few factors that impact the success of a business more than effective leadership. The mark of a good leader is the ability to not only help employees transition into their ‘new norm’, but enable them to emerge from this crisis as a more cohesive, agile team." - David Postill, senior vice president, marketing and customer experience at AGI – Ag Growth International
The CMO program is designed to prepare marketing leaders to become champions of customers and growth. At a time when the market and the marketing function have changed dramatically, this program will prepare the CMO with the frameworks, insight, and content to effectively orchestrate their organization for impact.
Participants who complete the two-month program will be equipped for a leadership role in marketing in the C-suite with clarity in role and agenda to drive change. With a combined approach of c-suite content and advanced marketing curriculum, this program ensures the interdisciplinary and stakeholder effectiveness for the participant in their ability to achieve their CMO agenda upon completion.
The program curriculum includes CMO role definition with requisite skills, talent, and models, creating a systemic approach to deliver change and growth. New approaches to value creation, OMNI channel, ethics, and intimacy are highlighted in a foundation grounded in marketing fundamentals of strategy, brand, digital, and data analytics. To equip for effective C-suite participation, topics such as stakeholder management, inclusion and diversity, ESG, and change management will also be incorporated into the experience.
Dates: April 27, 2022 - June 30, 2022
Delivery: Hybrid - online and in-person at Mason Arlington Campus
Who Should Attend?
The ideal candidate has...
Four to six years of experience in middle to upper management with demonstrated organizational leadership experience.
Working knowledge of business and experience designing and implementing marketing strategies.
Solid communications skills.
An undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
Graduates of the CMO Program will be able to:
- Develop, in concert with senior leadership, a comprehensive strategic marketing plan with a mission, vision, and measurable goals that are fully aligned with the organization.
- Effectively and efficiently execute the strategic marketing plan for organizational growth.
- Build the necessary infrastructure to integrate marketing data and metrics into business.
- Executive an effective CRM strategy while balancing consumer needs for privacy.
- Manage stakeholder aspirations regarding diversity, ethics, and inclusions from the organization.
- Engage the organization’s leadership team in support of marketing initiatives at the enterprise level.
- Lead the marketing function to succeed in the world of Marketing 5.0
Participants who complete the program will be given a Credly Chief Marketing Officer Executive Certificate badge.
Constructs of Knowledge
- Strategic Mindset for the CMO
- Data Metrics and Informed Decision Making
- Stakeholder Management
- Business and Financial Acumen