Interested in our faculty expertise for an upcoming piece? Contact Benjamin Kessler at email@example.com.
Yes, You Can Quote That
Our faculty are sought out by the media for their expertise on a variety of topics.
Here's the latest:
- February 4, 2023Finance Professor Derek Horstmeyer and student researchers look at the difference in posttax returns between mutual funds and exchange-traded funds in this Wall Street Journal column.
- February 1, 2023Colleges and universities can commit their land or endowment funds to kick-start local affordable-housing efforts, according to a report co-authored by Eric Maribojoc, executive director of the Center for Real Estate Entrepreneurship.
- January 31, 2023In this piece for CFA Institute's Enterprising Investor blog, Finance Professor Derek Horstmeyer and students Zihan Chen and Yuyi Shi examined the relationship between where bitcoin mining was conducted and how the performance of the local equity markets correlated with bitcoin prices.
- January 27, 2023Mehmet Altug, associate professor of information systems and operations management, comments on the potential visious cycle retailers may find themselves in when offloading excess inventory at low prices in an article for Modern Retail.
- January 26, 2023Accounting Instructor Kevin Matthews was quoted in TheStreet in an article about good tax breaks to take.
- January 24, 2023Assistant professor Sarah Wittman talks about her research "Job Transitions and the Lingering Identity" on an episode of the Workplace Perspective podcast.
- January 23, 2023Accounting Instructor Kevin Matthews comments on the IRS' taxpayer service in this piece for Accounting Today.
- January 19, 2023Finance Professor Derek Horstmeyer shares insignts about IRAs in this piece for TheStreet.com.
- January 12, 2023Sarah Wittman, asistant professor of management, appeared on an episode of The Fix podcast to discuss her research on how work plays a huge role in shaping our identities, relationships, and sense of belonging.
- January 11, 2023Gautham Vadakkepatt, associate professor of marketing and director of the Center for Retail Transformation was named a Top Retail Influencer for 2023 by RetinkRetail. The list is comprised of retail experts, consultants, analysts, academics, journalists, and thought leaders who are making an impact in retail in 2023.
- January 7, 2023Many investors assume the best mutual funds for their taxes are the funds with the least trading. But that isn’t always the case. Finance Professor Derek Horstmeyer explains in an article for the Wall Street Journal.
- January 6, 2023Stocks that end up in a short squeeze tend to exhibit two well-known determinants: They have high short interest and are thinly traded. But do other factors come into play? Finance Professor Derek Horstmeyer and students Tao Wei and Junchen Xia wondered whether certain macro conditions might correlate with greater numbers of short squeezes or if short squeezes were more common in particular sectors and shared their analysis in CFA Institute's Enterprising Investor Blog.