Interested in our faculty expertise for an upcoming piece? Contact Benjamin Kessler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yes, You Can Quote That
Our faculty are sought out by the media for their expertise on a variety of topics.
Here's the latest:
- May 26, 2023Management Professor and negotiations scholar Kevin Rockmann provides quotes about the debt ceiling negotiations to this U.S. News & World Report article.
- May 23, 2023Accounting Today interviewed accounting assistant professor Young Hoon Kim about his research on internal auditors.
- May 12, 2023Two years after becoming the first major crypto company to go public, San Francisco-based Coinbase is waging a battle that could determine its future as a U.S.-based company. Jiasun Li, assistant professor of finance, tells the San Francisco Examiner that it's not surprising that Coinbase is hitting back.
- May 5, 2023Does market timing hurt portfolios most during up years or down years? What about when things are volatile? Finance Professor Derek Horstmeyer ran the numbers in this column for the Wall Street Journal.
- May 4, 2023Dean Ajay Vinzé talks to the Washington Business Journal about the recent $50 million bequest from the trust of Donald G. Costello to provide business school scholarships largely focused on entrepreneurship.
- May 3, 2023Donald Costello from Leesburg has left a $50 million gift to George Mason University’s School of Business program, which will rename the school in his honor as the Donald G. Costello School of Business. School of Business Dean Ajay Vinzé talks about the gift in a Louden Times-Mirror article.
- May 2, 2023Finance Professor Derek Horstmeyer is quoted in a U.S. News & World Report article about interest-rate-sensitive stocks.
- April 27, 2023Finance Professor Derek Horstmeyer talked tax efficiency and trading tips with ETFs on a podcast for Zacks.
- April 26, 2023Steve Pilloff, associate professor of finance, was quoted in a U.S. News & World Report article about the best Fidelity bond funds to buy for steady income.
- April 20, 2023Finance Professor Derek Horstmeyer is quoted in this U.S. News & World Report article on high dividend ETFs that investors can use for increased income potential.
- April 18, 2023Business Foundations Instructor and former Washington Football Team Vice President of Strategic Marketing George Perry talked about his time with the franchise under Dan Snyder in an interview with 106.7 The Fan.
- April 18, 2023In an article for CFA Institute's Enterprising Investor blog, Finance Professor Derek Horstmeyer, Mason alumni Ruben Devia, and finance student Xiaozhu Zhang investigate whether the best equity fund managers follow the bond market.