Interested in our faculty expertise for an upcoming piece? Contact Benjamin Kessler at email@example.com.
Yes, You Can Quote That
Our faculty are sought out by the media for their expertise on a variety of topics.
Here's the latest:
- November 20, 2023Einav Hart, assistant professor of management, contributed to a Harvard Business Review article on her research that suggests that dual promotion — in which you compliment a colleague or peer while talking about your own accomplishments — can both boost perceptions of warmth without harming perceptions of competence.
- November 15, 2023Victoria Grady, associate professor of management, was quoted in an HR Brew article about retention and promotion strategies.
- November 14, 2023The German outlent t3n.de covered Associate Professor of Accounting Jenelle Conaway's research on academic dishonesty in online accounting assessments.
- November 9, 2023Leaders often claim to value good working relationships, but company practices may not reflect that claim. Management Professor Kevin Rockmann and co-author Caroline Anne Bartel offer three strategies to solve this problem in an article for the Harvard Business Review.
- November 5, 2023It may pay to bet on small-cap and growth stocks—and to do it early, according to Finance Professor Derek Horstmeyer in a column for the Wall Street Journal.
- October 31, 2023The Horizons Tracker blog wrote a piece on Assistant Marketing Professor Jiyeon Hong's research about writing more compelling creative appeals.
- October 30, 2023"George Mason’s govcon center creates research, training hub," writes Jill S. Devine in Virginia Business. Baroni Center Executive Director Jerry McGinn, Baroni Center Board Chair and Costello College of Business Adjunct Faculty John Hillen, and Costello College of Business Dean Ajay Vinzé are quoted.
- October 30, 2023The Daily Beast covered a working paper co-authored by Sabari Rajan Karmegam, an assistant professor in the Information Systems and Operations Management Area.
- October 28, 2023Mortgage payments have risen dramatically within the past two months, and potential homebuyers face a difficult predicament according to Finance Professor Derek Horstmeyer in an interview with ABC News.
- October 27, 2023Maury Peiperl, management professor and co-author of a leading textbook on change management spoke to ReWorked about improving the 360-degree employee feedback process.
- October 27, 2023Marketing Professor Russell Abratt was quoted as an expert in WalletHub's October 2023 6 Best Credit Cards for Restaurants feature.
- October 20, 2023Some 29% of employees quit within a month of their first promotion. Victoria Grady, associate professor of management, talks to HR Brew about what HR can do to retain these employees.