- Business writing and communications, strategic planning, and nonprofit management
- Medical rhetoric and interpersonal communication, collaboration, and education
- Rhetoric and messaging in a politically polarized environment
- Political rhetoric and artifacts associated with hate and authoritarianism
- Rhetoric of sports and the connection to society and culture
- George Mason University, Ph.D. student in Writing and Rhetoric
- University of Memphis, M.A. in Journalism
- University of Virginia, B.A. in History and Foreign Affairs
Peter G. Wacht, CAE, is the Executive Director of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA), having served in that role since December 2008, and the Executive Director of the NAELA Foundation. He also serves as coordinator to the National Guardianship Network, a coalition of 10 national organizations focused on establishing and implementing guardianship and conservatorship standards, and served on the Executive Committee of the Synergy Summit, a coalition of nine national organizations that helps bring quality estate, financial, and charitable planning information and services to the public through multidisciplinary partnerships and projects. Before joining NAELA, Mr. Wacht was the Senior Director for Communications and Public Affairs for the National Court Reporters Association, serving that association for almost 15 years. Mr. Wacht’s undergraduate degree from the University of Virginia is in History and Foreign Affairs, and he has a Master’s Degree in Journalism from the University of Memphis. Having earned the Certified Association Executive designation, Mr. Wacht continues to participate in various roles for the American Society of Association Executives. He is also a member of the Rhetoric Society of America and the Association for Business Communication.
Wacht, Peter G. (in preparation). Political Polarization and Lobbyist Messaging: Dodging “the Shooting Arrows of Partisanship” in a Zero Sum Discursive Space.
Wacht, Peter G. Evaluating and Enhancing NAELA’s Member Value Proposition Through Blue Ocean Analysis: Preparing the Academy for a Rapidly Changing Future, NAELA Journal, Spring 2014, 78-111..