Keat, Stephen K
International Relations and Economics
Certificate, Inter-American Defense College, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C., Senior Continental Defense Course, 2002.
Doctoral course work in Political Science, University of Toronto, Canada, 1979-1983.
MA, Political Economy, University of Toronto, Canada, 1979.
BA, Economics and Government, Franklin and Marshall College, Lancaster, PA, 1978.
Junior Year Abroad, University of Edinburgh, Scotland, 1976-1977.
Training at the Department Of State Foreign Service Institute, including:
• Intelligence and Foreign Policy
• Management Problem Solving and Decision Making
• Intellectual Property Rights
• Advanced International Negotiations
• Trade Dispute Resolution
• Trade and Environment
• Export Promotion
• International Negotiation Art and Skills
• Multilateral Diplomacy
• EEO/Diversity Awareness for Management Supervisors
Stephen K. Keat is a newly-hired Adjunct Professor. He teaches one section of BUS 200 - Global Environment of Business
• "A Free Trade Area Of The Americas: Implications Of Success or Failure For Members of the OAS," published by the University of Miami North-South Center, August 2002. (http://www.miami.edu/nsc/publications/pubs-WP-pdf/WP7.pdf)
• Coauthor with Colonel Walter Balbi, "Estudio de Paises: Republica Oriental Del Uruguay" (Country Study: Uruguay) IADC, December 11, 2001.
Department of State Awards
- The Secretary’s Career Achievement Award in 2012.
- Meritorious Honor Award in 2009.
- International Joint Commission Performance Award in 2006.
- Superior Honor Awards in 2003 and 2004.
- Group Meritorious Honor Award in 2001.