The Business of Well-Being Initiative
The Business of Well-Being Collaborative
A year-round initiative accepting ventures for well-being applicants on a regular basis with activities and opportunities. The Collaborative provides students and alumni of all Mason schools and programs with expanded opportunities to work with other applicants, mentors, and faculty.
Additional features will include:
- Industry mentors specific to team needs and market
- Access to seed stipends for customer discovery and development
- Faculty support and alumni mentors
- A community of peers to grow with and support
- Demo days and participation in a range of pitch competitions
What is well-being?
According to Mason's Center for the Advancement of Well-Being, we define well-being as building a life of vitality, purpose, resilience and engagement. In this initiative, we will be exploring six (6) types (or areas) of well-being: emotional/spiritual; environmental or place; financial; occupational; physical; and social.
What is the business of well-being?
Providing well-being in these six areas takes place in a range of industries including fitness, travel, food, green building, and self-care, as well as employee wellness programs, apps and other services for individuals, organizations and society.