Pathway to MBA
George Mason MS in Management (MSM) graduates who apply to the GMU MBA Program after having completed the necessary number of years of work experience (see MBA program requirements) will be able to apply MSM course credits to the MBA course credit requirements.
The University’s Reduction of Credit Policy (AP. 6.5.2) allows students to apply 21 credits from a prior degree to a new degree. The following MS in Management course credits may be applied to the MBA program:
- BMGT 603 Economics for Successful Firm Management
- BMGT 612 Performance Evaluation through Cost Management
- BMGT 613 Financial Reporting and Firm Analysis
- BMGT 643 Financial Management in a Global Environment
- BMGT 653 Fundamentals of Behavior in Organizations
- BMGT 692 Professional Development Experience (Internship)
- BMGT 695 Global Business Perspectives (Global Residency)
Note that courses with grades of B- or lower will not transfer.
For more information, please contact your Admissions Counselor.