Graduate Certificate in Business Fundamentals
Program at a Glance
- 12 credits (4 courses)
- Fall or Spring start
- Fairfax campus only
- Flexible pace - complete the program in one semester or more than a year
- In-state tuition rates for VA, MD, and DC residents
- Designed for:
- Professionals seeking to complement their skills with a business credential
- Mason students in non-business graduate programs
Pathway to MBA or MSM programs:
- Courses taken in the graduate certificate in business fundamentals can be applied towards the Mason MBA or MS in Management programs upon acceptance into either degree program. Applicants completing at least two certificate courses with grades of B or better will have their application requirements for the corresponding degree program reduced should the student decide to pursue the degree program.
About the Program
The purpose of the certificate program in Business Fundamentals is to equip graduate students in non-business disciplines (e.g., science, engineering, and liberal arts) with foundational knowledge in four key areas of business: accounting, finance, management, and marketing.
In order to apply for the graduate certificate in business fundamentals, applicants are required to have, at a minimum, a U.S. equivalent bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Admission Deadlines and Application Requirements
Students must complete 12 credits. Classes run on an 8-week schedule and are hosted at the Fairfax campus.
- GBUS 613: Financial Reporting and Decision Making
- GBUS 623: Marketing Management
- GBUS 643: Managerial Finance
- GBUS 653: Organizational Behavior
Academic Calendar/Sample Schedule
The graduate certificate in business fundamentals program is currently going through the process of becoming approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for Veterans Affairs Education Benefits. As such, you are strongly encouraged to explore other funding options by contacting the Office of Student Financial Aid in order to find a more immediate, interim solution for financing your educational plans. Please direct questions to the Office of Military Services at 703-993-1316 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.