The United Nations Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME) North America and George Mason University’s Business for a Better World Center in the School of Business are excited to host the PRME North America Biennial Meeting April 21-23 in Arlington, Virginia, USA, just outside Washington, D.C. Our theme for the meeting is Building a Better Future Together.
The meeting will include sessions focused on how we can work together effectively as an organization and how we can boost engagement across different elements of our communities throughout the U.S. and Canada. We will enjoy opportunities to discuss both research activities and teaching and learning innovations. We will further share examples of partnerships to effect change and approaches to communicating the impact we are having to different audiences.
Planned sessions include a workshop for junior scholars, unveiling of curricular materials for integrating sustainability across disciplines, teaching, research, and changemaking sessions, poster presentation sessions, and working sessions on priorities and initiatives for the future of PRME NA.
Date: April 21 - April 23
Location: George Mason University, Mason Square (Arlington Campus) (3351 Fairfax Drive, Arlington, VA 22201)
Agenda: Download the agenda
Registration: Register here.
The conference rate variations are as follows:
|Early Bird (Until April 7, 2022)||$375|
|*Additional participant from the same institution||$225|
|One Day Registration (Friday or Saturday)||$225|
*Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the additional participant registration link only after a member of your institution has registered at the standard or early bird rate.
Where to Stay
Rooms have been reserved for PRME attendees at the Hilton Arlington (950 N Stafford St. Arlington, VA 22203). The Hilton Arlington is a 3 minute walk from the Ballston-Marymount Metro station on the orange and silver lines, and just under a mile away from Mason Square. Reservations must be made by March 31, 2022 to receive the conference rate of $165 and can be done so through this booking link. Alternatively, if you would like to make your reservation over the phone, please contact Charlie Kerr at email@example.com for more information.
Other hotel recommendations include:
- Residence Inn by Marriott Arlington Ballston (650 N Quincy St. Arlington, VA 22203)
- Holiday Inn (4610 Fairfax Dr. Arlington, VA 22203)
- The Westin Arlington Gateway (801 N Glebe Rd. Arlington, VA 22203)
- Hyatt Place Arlington (2401 Wilson Blvd. Arlington, VA 22201)
- Clarion Collection Hotel Arlington (1200 N Courthouse Rd. Arlington, VA 22201)
- Hilton Garden Inn Arlington/Courthouse Plaza (1333 N Courthouse Rd. Arlington, VA 22201)
- Comfort Inn Ballston (1211 N Glebe Rd. Arlington, VA 22201)
Arrival and Transportation
- Ronald Reagan International Airport (DCA) - 15 minute drive (7.0 miles) from Mason Square
- Dulles International Airport (IAD) - 27 minute drive (24.0 miles) from Mason Square
- Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI) - 60 minute drive (40.0 miles) from Mason Square
Mason Square and the Hilton Arlington are metro accessible on the orange and silver lines.
- Virginia Square-GMU Station: 6 minute walk (0.2 miles) from Mason Square
- Ballston-Marymount Station: 3 minute walk (700 feet) from the Hilton Arlington
Obtaining Metro Card: To use the Washington, D.C. metro system (bus or rail) you must purchase either a physical or digital SmarTrip card.
- Physical SmarTrip Card: A plastic, re-loadable SmarTrip card can be purchased at a kiosk in any metro station.
- Digital SmarTrip Card: A digital, re-loadable SmartTrip card can be accessed on your mobile device by downloading the SmartTrip app.