Baltimore, MD or Dayton, OH
Cross Street Partners (CSP) is a vertically integrated real estate company with expertise in development, financial advisory, construction, and property management. CSP is dedicated to reinvigorating America’s cities through creative, community-centered development. We are the lead developers or co-developers of several large-scale adaptive reuse and neighborhood revitalization projects, including Baltimore Penn Station (Baltimore, MD), Perkins Somerset Oldtown (Baltimore, MD), 1001/1007 SW Marshall St. (Winston-Salem, NC) and Dayton Arcade (Dayton, OH).
This internship is a unique opportunity to gain experience and make meaningful contributions to active real estate development projects, such as the ones linked above. Cross Street is involved with some of the most complex and challenging projects in the cities that we operate. Our projects lie at the intersection of public-private development, historic rehabilitations, and mixed-use neighborhood scale redevelopments. The interns selected will have one on one engagements with company leadership as well as work with a broad cross-section of capital partners, designers, consultants, and community stakeholders.
How We Work
CSP focuses on rebuilding urban communities by creating vibrant mixed-use neighborhoods. We set our sights on historically significant vacant or underutilized buildings and repurpose them with forward-thinking use plans focused on placemaking, innovation, and community development. CSP develops projects for its own account and also serves as a consultant to non-profits or entrepreneurs with a real estate vision.
Wherever we work, our goals are the same: to finance, develop, build, and manage authentic environments that inspire collaboration, spur innovation, and sustain community connection.
The CSP team is seeking summer interns to provide support in the following company verticals:
Real Estate Development Intern
- Support one or more active development projects, taking on responsibilities related to financial feasibility/development modeling, project management, assembling of the capital stack, and leasing/marketing. Ultimately, the intern’s responsibilities will be driven by the status of the company’s development projects during the internship experience.
Construction Management Intern
- Provide support with cost estimating, managing construction schedules, coordinating with sub-contractors, and assisting with reporting requirements for CSP’s active construction projects.
- Work with organization leadership to prepare white papers, issue briefs, and opinion pieces on various topic areas related to Cross Street Partners’ work including historic preservation, federal and state tax credit programs, green building practices, and neighborhood revitalization strategies.
Property Management Intern
- Provide support with lease administration, property event and programming, market research, and working directly with tenants in CSP’s community-oriented spaces.
- Develop communications strategies and marketing collateral for projects in our development pipeline. Help to manage company’s online presence as well as assist in event planning and execution.
- Work with development staff to refine program concepts and develop master plans, produce renderings and mockups to be used in marketing collateral and in grant applications, coordinate with architects and engineers throughout building design process.
Depending on the interests and skills of the intern, summer interns can expect to focus on one or two of the above target areas. Across all divisions, the intern will also work with the team to identify and address areas for organizational improvement and/or lead a special project over the course of the summer.
- Relevant experience in real estate, planning, construction, architecture, property management or a related field.
- A four-year college degree and active enrollment in an advance degree program in business administration, real estate, urban planning, public policy, construction management, architecture, historic preservation, law, or another related field. Real life experience may substitute for a college degree and/or enrollment in an advanced degree program.
- More important than these qualifications are a candidate’s passion for cities, community development, green building, and historic preservation.
This is a paid, hourly position located at our offices in Baltimore City. We prefer that the intern work 40 hours per week for approximately 10 weeks beginning in mid- to late May. However, we will also consider applicants who are only available on a part-time basis.
This is a paid internship with compensation dependent on applicant’s qualifications and experience.
Cross Street Partners LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
How To Apply
Submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your cover letter one or more focus areas that are of most interest to you. Please use “CSP Summer Intern” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be accepted until April 18, 2023 but will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.