Associate Professor, Management
Additional Roles: Assistant Area Chair, Management
Phone: (703) 993-4184
Office Location: Enterprise Hall 210
Office Hours: By appointment
Cindy Parker is an associate professor of management at George Mason University. She received her PhD in industrial and organizational psychology at George Mason University. Her research explored the effects of perceptions of leadership support on the work-related attitudes and behaviors of first-term enlisted soldiers. Her doctoral dissertation was supported by the Army Research Institute.
Before coming to George Mason, Parker worked for more than nine years in private industry as an internal and external consultant, focusing on a variety of human resource initiatives. Her previous work experience includes: Consortium Research Fellow at the Army Research Institute, Statistician at the American Medical Student Association, Associate Research Scientist at American Institutes for Research, and as an Assistant Vice President at Aon Consulting, Talent Solutions Consulting Group.
Her consulting assignments focused on enhancing human potential and effectiveness at work and included such projects as development, validation, and implementation of employee selection and assessment procedures, leadership assessment and development, job analysis and competency modeling, development and validation of performance management systems, and product development.
Parker has presented at the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology and American Psychological Association annual conferences and has published in The New Physician.
- Employee selection and retention
- Leadership assessment and development
- Performance management
- PhD - Industrial and Organizational Psychology, George Mason University
- MA - Industrial and Organizational Psychology, George Mason University
- BS - Psychology, George Mason University
Research and Awards
- Was inducted into Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society from Phi Kappa Phi in 2015.
- Nominated for a Teaching Award from George Mason University in 2015.
- Nominated for the Career Connection Faculty Award from George Mason University Career Services for faculty who have made a positive impact on students’ career goals, employment plans or graduate school preparation in 2015.
- Received the Career Connection Faculty Award from George Mason University Career Services. This award celebrates Mason faculty and staff who have made a positive impact on students' career goals, employment plans or graduate school preparation. The recipient of the annual award is a professional who has gone above and from University Career Services in 2015.
- Received a Teaching Award from George Mason University School of Business in 2015.
- Nominated for a Teaching Award from the George Mason University in 2013.
- Awarded the Outstanding Teaching Award as judged by the students in the School of Business undergraduate programs from George Mason University School of Business in 2012.
- Awarded the George Mason University School of Business Undergraduate Faculty Teaching Award for the Class of 2011.
- Was awarded the George Mason University School of Business Undergraduate Faculty Teaching Award for the Class of 2010 for outstanding teaching as judged by the students in the School of Business undergraduate programs.
- Human resources management
- Principles and practices of management
- June 23, 2016 - Business.com
Make It Great: Company Culture Tips From the Best Places to Work