Senior Instructor, Business Foundations
Additional Roles: Dean's Teaching Faculty Fellow
Phone: (703) 993-3386
Office Location: Enterprise Hall 137
Office Hours: Tuesday, 12:00 p.m. - 4 p.m. and by appointment
Gretchen T. Hendricks is a senior instructor in the Business Foundations Area where she teaches professional skills courses. Hendricks has spent over 15 years teaching psychology and professional development classes that prepare freshman for the college experience and assist upper classmen in navigating current job market trends. Hendricks utilizes her background in psychology to promote a student-centered approach to learning where students experience both self-reflective and practical opportunities to develop as individuals and professionals. She frequently takes on the role of mentor and advocate for students, consistently providing creative resources and transformational learning experiences that promote growth.
Hendricks has spent her career in both academic and private sector roles focused on workforce development initiatives, human resources communications, and career services programming dedicated to enhancing the personal and professional development of various clientele.
- Kindness in the Classroom and in Society
- College Readiness and First Year Experience
- Career Exploration and Development
- Professional Skills Development
- Student Achievement and Self-Actualization
- Graduate Certificate – Culture and Adult Learning, University of New Mexico
- MA – Psychological Services (Counseling), Marymount University
- BA – Psychology, University of South Carolina
Presentations and Awards
- Presenter at the 42nd Annual Conference on The First-Year Experience, Developing Professional Skills in First Year Courses, February 2023.
- Recognized as Outstanding Professor in Business Foundations, 2018-2019 and 2021-2022 and 2022-2023.
- Fostering kindness is just good business
- Business students pitch ThreeWishes, a socially conscious networking site offering personalized acts of kindness
- Instructor Gretchen Hendricks Named 2021 Dean’s Teaching Faculty Fellow
- Gretchen Hendricks, professor at George Mason University, shares how she has found fulfillment teaching business and life skills