Assistant Professor, Marketing
Office Location: 9900 Main Street, 217
Office Hours: By appointment
Jiyeon Hong joined George Mason University as an assistant professor of marketing in 2022 after completing her Ph.D. at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. In her research, she leverages advances in data science and marketing to study nonprofit organizations and propose tools to help them for the greater good. Specifically, her research interests include machine learning, deep learning, natural language processing, network representation learning, nonprofit organizations, crowdfunding, and prosocial behaviors. Her recent work has been published in Marketing Science.
- PhD - Marketing, University of Wisconsin - Madison
- MS - Marketing, Korea University
- BS - Statistics, & Business Administration (Double major), Korea University
Research and Awards
- Jiyeon Hong, Paul R. Hoban (2022) Writing More Compelling Creative Appeals: A Deep Learning-Based Approach. Marketing Science, 41(5), 941-965.
- October 31, 2023 - The Horizons Tracker
How to Persuade When Compensation Isn't Offered